Notices

Old 17th July 2023, 10:53   #171051
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
During good weather the back door is rarely shut, allows the girls to potter in and out so getting a wee bird visiting is a fairly regular occurrence but they usually just fly into the kitchen, this is the first one that has flown right into the lounge.
Not great news but Billy Connolly shown it can be manageable . . . . up to a point I suppose. Pass on our best wishes please Phil.
Thank you Steve, some people ignore those down on their luck or they are lost for words, but you have always been very kind and considerate to them despite having your own problems or health to deal with. There are occasions when you are very witty cheering people up, so well done you. I will certainly pass on your best wishes to Rod. I know he will appreciate your kind thoughts.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 11:43   #171052
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Morning all,

Ros and I had a quick trip up to the boat yesterday (it didn't rain)
It was just to drop off some photographic stuff I had sold to somebody fairly local to Acle.
It was far too windy to consider taking the boat out so we just had a catch up with a few of our friends in Acle, grabbed a bit of lunch at Dunes river cafe and then headed home in time for the Wimbledon final.

Finishing off editing Saturdays Saab photoshoot this morning and I'm off to the Hospital this afternoon for my eye check up.

The wind has dropped a lot this morning and there is a bit of sun about. Temperatures not much to talk about though.

How is everyone today, all set for the week ahead?
All the very best for your appointment at the eye clinic Jeff.
Old 17th July 2023, 11:47   #171053
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning Phil, Sorry to hear about your surgery being postponed until October Great news about Jessica's improvement
What an awful illness Parkinson's is, I feel really sorry for Rod, He's much missed on the social forum.

The deluge has ceased & the sky has turned blue with a bit of sunshine so just been out to the recycling centre to take a load of rubbish that wouldn't fit into the wheelie bin. There is some ingress of rain water into the garage but nothing like I thought there would be, Two minutes with the wet vac & all's good.
Hi Ian, thank goodness for the wet vac being so useful and thank you for your kind thoughts and wishes.
Old 17th July 2023, 11:51   #171054
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
I can imagine you must feel sorry having to put back the operate with Jessica being poorly and unable t walk far. Unfortunately it can’t be fixed, I am so pleased I was given the pacemaker so soon and hope it will continue to sort any low blood pressure and other things to manage my life. It seemed to work fine yesterday and I had a char
T with Bluejon ,Derek,2 Diesels, Stocktake Dave, Terry TS Autos and a few others I hadn’t spoken to for a while. Brian got talk to someone with a ZT who went in and in about what to do to his car, so my back was aching by the time setting home yesterday.
I’m hoping to go to the NEC in Birmingham with Graham in November, we just have to get together to arrange tickets for the Saturday and stop overnight and go for an Indian meal with the club on the evening, get the train home the next day.
Thank you Richard for writing it up about the meet and who you met, all good lads. Brian is a very useful resource with his T4 and with his range of knowledge about all things MG Rover. I think “The Sound Collector” was very lucky Brian was at the meet with his tools and diagnostics.
Old 17th July 2023, 16:29   #171055
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Sacre bleu mon ami! Missus bought me vegetarian black pudn by mistake so I hightailed it back to town to get the last two Lancashire black pudn's they had The links sell out quick . Brekkies just aren't the same without it.
Pizza & salad for tea tonight.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2023, 16:45   #171056
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
All the very best for your appointment at the eye clinic Jeff.
Hi Phil,

Hi gang.

First of all, can I say a big thank-you for letting us know about our great friend Rod and his diagnosis. Please be sure to send our warmest best wishes to Rod and Angela from Ros and myself. If he is happy for us to do so, I would love to give him a call to catch up and see how they are doing.

Great that Jessica is coming/or is now home and the same wishes from us to you both as well.

I'm glad to report that the consultant is very happy that there is no change in my vision or the retinopathy in my eyes and I don't need to go back for four months.
That is a great relief and also means I can now get a new eye test/prescription and pick up some new glasses. I have been holding it off in case any further treatment was required that may again change my vision.

To celebrate I'm going to cook a pre prepared pizza that was reduced in the CoOp on the Ninja
Old 17th July 2023, 16:46   #171057
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Sacre bleu mon ami! Missus bought me vegetarian black pudn by mistake so I hightailed it back to town to get the last two Lancashire black pudn's they had The links sell out quick . Brekkies just aren't the same without it.
Pizza & salad for tea tonight.

Looks like we are both having pizza then
Old 18th July 2023, 06:29   #171058
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Default The Chill Out Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Phil,

Hi gang.

First of all, can I say a big thank-you for letting us know about our great friend Rod and his diagnosis. Please be sure to send our warmest best wishes to Rod and Angela from Ros and myself. If he is happy for us to do so, I would love to give him a call to catch up and see how they are doing.

Great that Jessica is coming/or is now home and the same wishes from us to you both as well.

I'm glad to report that the consultant is very happy that there is no change in my vision or the retinopathy in my eyes and I don't need to go back for four months.
That is a great relief and also means I can now get a new eye test/prescription and pick up some new glasses. I have been holding it off in case any further treatment was required that may again change my vision.

To celebrate I'm going to cook a pre prepared pizza that was reduced in the CoOp on the Ninja

Good morning all, good morning Jeff

That’s great news your retina is clear and you can get on with the order for your new spectacles.

Please do ring Rod as he needs as much support as he can have to get him through this terrible disease. So please do keep him in the loupe. It is a real shame this has happened to him.

Rod is quite open about having Parkinson’s and I hope it doesn’t prevent him from returning to the forum even though he struggles with typing. Sometimes I use Google dictate which works just as well, so perhaps you could suggest that to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18th July 2023, 06:37   #171059
Georgies Dad
This is my second home

Land Rover

Thanked 2,925 Times in 1,979 Posts

Morning all from Sandringham,went to Sunny Hunny yesterday guess what,we got soaked, it chucked it down,the wind has eased here now and the morning sun is shining,

Thanks Phil for the update on Rod ,I shall send him a message to wish him all the best from Lesley and me,we met up with Rod and Angela a few times and they are such a lovely couple

Sent from my SM-A125F using Tapatalk

Steve and Georgie

Together Forever

Lonely days are long
Twilight sings a song
All the happiness that used to be

Soon my eyes will close
Soon I'll find repose
And in dreams, you're always near to me

I'll see you in my dreams
And then I'll hold you in my dreams
Georgies Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2023, 06:40   #171060
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning all, good morning Jeff

That’s great news your retina is clear and you can get on with the order for your new spectacles.

Please do ring Rod as he needs as much support as he can have to get him through this terrible disease. So please do keep him in the loupe. It is a real shame this has happened to him.

Rod is quite open about having Parkinson’s and I hope it doesn’t prevent him from returning to the forum even though he struggles with typing. Sometimes I use Google dictate which works just as well, so perhaps you could suggest that to him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Morning Phil and all,

I certainly will give Rod a call.
His presence on here is very much missed and it would be great to have him back posting. I don't use Google dictate, just use Apple's own built in system. I'm sure either would be brilliant.

I will certainly make the suggestion to him as that could make his life so much easier and not just on here.