Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd December 2023, 10:49   #21
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

Hi Bob, welcome to the day!

You would like this hospital bed as it has a heated air mattress which moves as it touches and massages, could bring a smile to your face.

It’s great to hear care in the community is working for you. What a shame about the heating. Clearly you need a fast track solution.

I am much better and the heart improved without the need for a pacemaker. It’s such a relief the heart has settled.

Do take care

Jessica and I send the best for Christmas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good to see you making good progress Phil. The bed sounds good, mine is just a plain hospital bed but it is comfortable I can alter the angles with the touch of a button.

Merry Christmas to Jessica and yourself

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2023, 11:58   #22
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Good to see you making good progress Phil. The bed sounds good, mine is just a plain hospital bed but it is comfortable I can alter the angles with the touch of a button.

Merry Christmas to Jessica and yourself
Thank you Bob

I have been let out for Christmas but have to go back next week for more tests. If the non heating is going to put you at risk, you can always ask for a move into a rehabilitation setting. When Jessica was offered this post discharge broken hip for 2 weeks in July, we declined it because of COVID and like yourself she had a hospital bed at home. They said she could have it for 12 months but it was collected at our request in October. Just a thought in passing, there are more things you can ask for in collaboration with your care coordinator. It’s great your friends and neighbours have rallied together.

Keep us posted, everyone I am sure is finding your written reports and humour enthralling and inspiring, do take care and a ……..very

Merry Christmas.

Phil and Jessica
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2023, 19:57   #23
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Merry Christmas

To you all, and for bearing the additional strain of being hors de combat. I hope you all recover and can get away from the beds very soon. This time last year our fellow member BRG Mike was struck down with total paralysis, but, after many months and brave battles in hospital and rehab he was able to attend a meet recently and now has plans to restart our Kent meet soon.
Our thoughts should also be with Peter Baker, recently transferred to rehab hospital in somerset following his stroke.
I hope to be in contact over Christmas as Planenut is already.

With best wishes to you all.
Jennifer

With best wishes.
Old 23rd December 2023, 21:28   #24
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Black View Post
To you all, and for bearing the additional strain of being hors de combat. I hope you all recover and can get away from the beds very soon. This time last year our fellow member BRG Mike was struck down with total paralysis, but, after many months and brave battles in hospital and rehab he was able to attend a meet recently and now has plans to restart our Kent meet soon.

Our thoughts should also be with Peter Baker, recently transferred to rehab hospital in somerset following his stroke.

I hope to be in contact over Christmas as Planenut is already.

With best wishes to you all.

Jennifer

With best wishes.
Well said Jennie, best wishes to all our members of M*A*S*H, keep the faith guys, wishing you all the best.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 24th December 2023, 09:57   #25
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Yesterday I managed to have a wash, make the tea and have my cereal.

Then I prepared a casserole to go into the slow cooker. Chicken, leeks, carrots, mushrooms all cut up. Then added a couple of casserole mixes, I normally make my own, but just for quickness.

Drank plenty of tea, squash and water throughout the day so the commode was used a lot.

The nurse arrived early and rang the door bell. I managed to get to the door on my MG Zoommer frame and told to go round to the side entrance. Injection done along with BP.

My neighbour Kelsey came in and made me a cuppa, and we had a nice chat. Then the New Life assistant arrived to empty the commode. She took it upstairs tipped the contents down the loo, flushed and the loo was blocked. So we had a flood. She mopped up all the water. Unblocked the loo, it was the wipes I had been using. I thought they were biodegradable but it appears not.
She left and Kelsey followed.

Now yesterday was a bit of emotional day for me as it was on the 22nd December 2010 that my Val took the hands of the angels.

But also yesterday it was Kelsey’s birthday and she was going to a spa, with friends, then on a pub crawl around Saltash. There quite a few pubs in and around the town.
But she promised that when she got home she would keep the music down as no doubt there would be a few of the girls coming back.

Well, if they had a party I never heard a thing.
My visitors arrived just after 13.00, Tania & Mark, (forum name Daisy Dawlish).
Mark bought the ex Ian Goldson (Ian G) MG ZTT and has altered the car somewhat, not to everyone’s taste but it’s his money and his choice. Tania has a Sky Blue 75 Tourer on Viking wheels.

Tania & Mark run the Coffee and Cars group in Newton Abbot, I have attended quite a few of their events. I was supposed to be going to the Xmas dinner last weekend but didn’t go for obvious reasons.
They brought a pressie and Xmas card plus a get well card with signatures from some of the other members.

They left at about 15.10. Marion came in and brought me some magazines to read. We sat and chatted, she made us some tea. As she was leaving Allen arrived. The casserole was really pulling me over but I had a chat with Allen. He took some stuff up stairs for me that I no longer needed.
He left at about 17.30.

Oh! My! That was one of my best casseroles I have made. Once eaten and tablets taken I washed up and put everything away. Then I got three foil dishes out and filled them up with the remaining chicken casserole.
Casserole dish in the sink and filled up with water and some washing up liquid, left it to soak overnight.

Then time to relax but first a phone call to be made to my good friend John who lives in Bredfield In Suffolk, he lives with his wife Lisa and their son John Louis. On the phone for nearly an hour.

Then time to watch a bit of telly before turning in.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll
Old 24th December 2023, 15:00   #26
myfirstrover
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 cdi

Thumbs up

Sounds like you're on the mend , slowly and surely , all the best for Christmas and the new year Bob
myfirstrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2023, 10:05   #27
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

My neighbour Kelsey came in yesterday and I asked her if she had a nice birthday. Her reply was, “That’s the first time for a very long time that I have woken up in bed and been on my own on my birthday”. I was sort of stuck for a reply.

She made me a cuppa, emptied the bins into the dustbin, made my bed, took my clean clothes upstairs and put them away for me. Then she got the G-tech out and went round downstairs and gave the open plan a good vacuum. Then she sat down and told me about the pub crawl. Sounded fun.

Then she took my other vacuum cleaner, a Yellow Henry, around to her house to use. Her Hetty vacuum had stopped working. I told her to keep the vacuum cleaner for now as I wouldn’t be using it for awhile. And she was gone.

The nurse was due but she got lost looking for where I lived. They obviously don’t read the notes on my file. Marion saw her wandering around and pointed her in the right direction and told her to use the side gate.
The New Life assistant arrived soon after, and she normally works in the office. That’s how short staffed they are.

Marion popped in later in the afternoon. We had tea and a chat. She stayed about an hour then went. No more visitors for me.
I popped my chicken casserole in the air fryer, cut up some green beans and put them in water on the hob. I have a method of marrying up the food.
Had my dinner, washed up and put all away. Took my tablets, and watched some telly.

onen hag oll
Old 26th December 2023, 14:17   #28
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Xmas Day

I got up early and did my daily duties including washing my hair. Had breakfast, took tablets and had my tea.

Kelsey phoned to see if I needed anything but I said I was ok for everything.
I opened some of my presents that had been delivered by post.
From my god daughter Kirra I got a Poppy T shirt, a Poppy stain glass ornament and a lovey wooden picture fram which had been engraved with the words “ To My Best Godfather lots of Love Kirra xxx”, that made me smile.

From Suffolk I got two presents from John Louis, who is 10years old. He had designed a Christmas themed tea towel and the same design was on a mug. Both had his name on as well. These I’ll only use at Xmas.

Tea made, pain killers taken and I had a banana for lunch. The lady from New Life arrived and set about the few jobs to be done. Then the nurse arrived for my injection. My tummy looks like a pin cushion.

Allen n Val came around at 15.00 with my Xmas dinner, I was getting hungry. So they wasted no time in plating it up and popping it in the microwave, Allen made the tea. Whilst I tucked in they told me about their day. Their daughter Debbie was working, she is a taxi driver, but in between jobs she was able to visit her 3 sons. One is in the Royal Navy and is a helicopter engineer, home for Christmas. Another is in the Army and works in the REME as a mechanic, again home for Christmas. The fiat son is a kitchen/bathroom fitter.

Dinner done including my Xmas pud. The dinner was bloomin’ ‘ansum, as they around these parts. Now, there was a few bits on the plate that I ate that I thought might give me a few issues during the night but I carried on and cleared the plate.
Then time to exchange gifts. Alien perfume set for Val, a bottle of Welsh single malt for Allen. I gave then a present to give to Debbie, a bottle of Japanese gin.

I got an Owl clock kit, I shall look forward to building that. Debbie sent me a tin house that lights up and was full of shortbread.
Another cup of tea was made whilst Val washed up. I did offer but was told to sit down.
The time rolled by and at about 18.30 they took their leave, and so I was on my own.
But I was ok, as I had a full tummy. Tea and tablets taken. Then I settled down to watch some telly, and nodded off. Only for about 45 minutes but I did feel better for it.

The night wasn’t going to be a normal night, but I didn’t know this at the time.

onen hag oll
Old 26th December 2023, 14:58   #29
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

I have only just seen this Bob, what have you been up to?
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2023, 17:10   #30
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
I have only just seen this Bob, what have you been up to?
Paragliding in the nude is not recommended.

Fell over on a beach, landed on my ankle which is broken in two places, must avoid these places, small chip in the bone just below the knee. Badly bruised left arm.

And I drove home in Banana 7 miles.

Hospital appointment this Thursday and we will see what happens. Either full plaster, or having a snow boot fitted and the final one is possibly an operation.

onen hag oll