Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Items Wanted
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st February 2017, 19:47   #1
Swordy
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 Saloon, Rover 75 Tourer

Default 12v socket for cubby hole

After the 12v socket kit or the set up to install in the centre cubby hole and the rear (tourer) if anyone has one.

Thank you,
Paul
Swordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2017, 16:18   #2
Adam Damian
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

Default 12 Volt Socket

Hi Swordy,
You recently posted a thread with regard to a 12 Volt socket. I was recently searching for this item - their like hen's teeth. Anyway, I spoke to a mechanic friend of mine. I mentioned my three way port that I'd been using to power the sat nav AND two heated seat covers. I powered all these off the cigar lighter socket and yes, it blew the fuse. My mechanic friend advised me that any auto sparky worth his/her salt would recommend a socket for each devise. (as in the home, adapters aren't the finest way to go) He recommended a firm in Burnley - Auto Electricals - 01282 416317. This may be miles away from you. I now have two cigar lighter sockets in the cubby box between the front seats. These sockets are connected via pretty heavy duty (it needs to be heavy duty due to the current require by the covers) cable to the ignition. So now I can have my seats warm up when I turn the key. One minor irritant is that the sockets were (perhaps had to be) mounted on the raised section of the base of the cubby box and the wires from the seats sit a little proud of the top of the box. I can still close the leather lid but it presses down on the wire and pulls the seat cover plug slightly out of the socket and breaks the connection. I suppose if I desired, I could file a slot into the underside of the lid to act as a recess for the wires. I run the sat nav via the cigar lighter.
Hope this helps.
Adam Damian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2017, 15:39   #3
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

No end of options if you search on ebay for 12v socket (in car accessories of course).

Easiest way to wire up would be to use a piggy back fuse. Remove a suitable fuse from the fuse box, fit it to the piggy-back and then the original connections are still correctly fused plus you have a fused spur for your accessories.

vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote