Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 14th February 2021, 15:04   #21
Rdale1

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic ZS View Post
Well done Jordan, glad you weren't put off by the negative comments on here - sometimes it's hard to believe we're supposed to be enthusiasts of the marque...

I'm sure you'll have it back up to scratch in due course, anything's possible if you're prepared to put the effort in, and a very rare colour nowadays
To be fair the comments were exactly what was going through my mind while deciding to take the plunge or not, there was no history with the car, pictures were terrible, mot check looked a bit sketchy, but ultimately the colour and price was enough for me to take it on. Iv seen quite a few really low milage and better cared for cars advertised for a couple of grand but they were all the wrong colour and iv been looking for a long term project so buying a mint 1 makes no sense for me and I think it goes without saying no matter what used car your buying you need a bit of luck and your going to have to spend money on it regardless. It Should be a fun project and I'm looking forward to taking it on
Rdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2021, 15:52   #22
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdale1 View Post
To be fair the comments were exactly what was going through my mind while deciding to take the plunge or not, there was no history with the car, pictures were terrible, mot check looked a bit sketchy, but ultimately the colour and price was enough for me to take it on. Iv seen quite a few really low milage and better cared for cars advertised for a couple of grand but they were all the wrong colour and iv been looking for a long term project so buying a mint 1 makes no sense for me and I think it goes without saying no matter what used car your buying you need a bit of luck and your going to have to spend money on it regardless. It Should be a fun project and I'm looking forward to taking it on
Exactly the right attitude, and whatever you spend you should recoup if you want to sell. Prices are certainly on the up for half decent examples! Good luck, and keep us posted.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2021, 16:38   #23
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Don't forget to post some new pictures up once it's cleaned.
Old 14th February 2021, 17:03   #24
Rdale1

Rover 75 saloon

For sure, might be able to get a cheeky polish in this week.
Rdale1 is offline   Reply With Quote