Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th March 2021, 16:27   #81
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnu View Post
Spooky....

LOL Yeah, I'd only ever plugged it in to charge in daylight hours & had never seen it pulsate in the dark like that before

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 14:07   #82
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

My charging board in the garage now sorted & up & running.

Old 22nd March 2021, 17:27   #83
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Looking good sir
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2021, 20:17   #84
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Looking good sir

Cheers Simon

Looks like MG are making a big play in UK/Europe with new models & plans to double their European network.
Facelift versions of the ZS EV & MG5 & Roewe 5 plus the Marvel-R.

The 500 mile range Cyberster looks tasty due on the 31st March ( our wedding anniversary) I wonder if I mention it to the missus she'll buy me one Might be a bit undignified getting in & out of it https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...500-mile-range

Old 16th April 2021, 08:30   #85
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Blimey! I was just trying out the vid function my new motorola mobile phone t'other week and shot a short vid of the adjustable current Fenkee EVSE charging the MG at 16A & put it up on youtube, 432 views in such a short time & it's not even a review of it or anything. Seems to be lots of interest in it.
Works well for me.

Old 29th April 2021, 06:59   #86
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

The shared loop electric supply in these old houses is turning into a right malarkey!

My mate in the next street who has the same style house/shared electric supply loop as me whose neighbour had his old bakerlite fuseboard catch fire has been told by the DNO that they've made the three houses supply safe but cant do an individual supply for them as the other neighbour on the loop is refusing the DNO entry to his house, All three in the loop have to done or none.
The only way he could get an individual 100A supply would be if he bought a BEV then they would have to do it as the current 60A supply is not enough.

Yesterday a chap from across the back came over as he saw my garage door open & the MG charging. Same electric loop supply set up as me and was asking about how we went about getting a 100A supply, The company he works for are changing all their fleet of car/van over to BEV's and the company is paying for 7KW charger to be installed at all employees homes but he's got the same problem I had with only a 60A supply & the electrician has told him to get in touch with the DNO to get a 100A supply sorted out before he can do any work there.

Old 2nd May 2021, 12:36   #87
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

I went out to get some good compost t'other day from a nursery over in Charnock Richard, the roads were a mixture of town & A roads and got a respectable 4.8miles/kWh, Not to shabby for something that's not remotely aerodynamic.

Snowfoam time for the MG ZS EV & I thought I'll dip the.....er...check the......tighten the ...er....nowt to do on it Good job I replaced all my old socket sets & spanners for new sets about 12 months before I got this

Old 3rd May 2021, 06:26   #88
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Good to see your enjoying the car, I changed our petrol auto ZS after about 8 months as I couldn’t get a running issue fixed and any dealer that didn’t supply it would not look at it. I changed it for an Ioniq hybrid as we Had bought the ZS from Longbridge so not on the doorstep as there is no local dealers.
I want to go full electric next year and the Ioniq and Kona boots are too small for what I need so I’m looking at MG again as I know the ZS boot is the same size as the battery pack is underneath. However, our house is over 100 years old so anticipating similar problems to yourself. I think ours was re wired about 50 years ago but I still have doubts.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2021, 07:27   #89
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
Good to see your enjoying the car, I changed our petrol auto ZS after about 8 months as I couldn’t get a running issue fixed and any dealer that didn’t supply it would not look at it. I changed it for an Ioniq hybrid as we Had bought the ZS from Longbridge so not on the doorstep as there is no local dealers.
I want to go full electric next year and the Ioniq and Kona boots are too small for what I need so I’m looking at MG again as I know the ZS boot is the same size as the battery pack is underneath. However, our house is over 100 years old so anticipating similar problems to yourself. I think ours was re wired about 50 years ago but I still have doubts.

Yeah even though we haven't used it all that much with the pandemic restrictions I love the quiet ride of these BEV's, Very relaxing.

I think our house wiring was replaced some time in the 1960's judging by the stuff we found under the floorboards, An empty players number 6 cigarette packet was in there as well as off cuts of wiring.

We had the DNO do a safety check on the house electrics which they passed OK.

The OLEV people don't seem to like old style electrics even though the DNO passed ours as safe

Old 3rd May 2021, 07:38   #90
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Whenever we have any checks done we get “that fuse box is really old you should get rewired” Need to see if it’s rated at 60A or 100A but it’s well hidden and difficult to get to It would be handy if the new car charge point grant worked prior to buying so that these things could be sorted in advance. I don’t think I have the patience that you have getting yours sorted.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote