Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th June 2021, 20:01   #1
Rovernut
Loves to post

R75 Conn Tourer, R8 Tourer, R8 Cabby

Default Farewell My Lovely Friend

After eighteen years of ownership tonight I bade farewell to my lovely wedgwood turbo Tourer. Bought at 4000 miles in 2003 for £13750 it has served me well. HGF at 30000 and again at 66000 was almost expected even if the turbo failing was a bit of a blow! New coil springs all round over the years was fairly typical I guess. Disappointed with the water ingress at the usual points but apart from that the bodywork finish has been magnificent with only the sills attracting a bit of rust this year.

I'm now down to two cars now, a BRG Cabby and a nice Nightfire 416 Tourer so plenty excitement still to come😄

Thanks to everyone I've encountered at this wonderful forum and memories of club rallies around the country and especially the Luxembourg rally towing the caravan about 12 years ago.

Hope to keep in touch
Regards
Chris
Old 24th June 2021, 21:20   #2
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Sorry to read this Chris, some would argue the R8 cars were the best built cars to leave Longbridge. Don’t be a stranger...

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2021, 21:23   #3
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

As above. Don’t be a stranger, pop in from time to time and let us know how you are getting on.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote