Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th May 2022, 20:46   #11
gozo ken
Avid contributor

R75 SALOON

I put the rubber donuts in my rear coil springs for a little extra height.
gozo ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2022, 09:19   #12
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearton View Post
Hi Johnny,

a few points:-

1) If the car is grounding on speed bumps, its springs may have stretched /softened with age (without breaking). If so, replacing them should solve this.

2) The ZT / ZTT's ride height is 7mm lower than the 75's.

3) Mk 1 ZT/ZT-Ts had firm suspension. When the Mk 2 came out, its suspension was more compliant. The original was then made an option called "Sports suspension". If yours is a Mk 1, it might be possible to fit Mk 2 springs to improve the ride. Get expert advice on this before trying.

4) Whilst most 75s had higher profile tyres, contributing to a more comfortable ride, their smaller wheels may not clear the ZT-T's discs & callipers (depending on which variant you have).

5) Check beforehand with your insurance company that they are happy for you to make these changes if you intend doing any.

Regards,
Kearton
Can you tell me what "sports suspension' actually means. I've a 2004 Contemporary SE KV6 saloon manual with 17" Meteors (+ 225/45 boots) otherwise as it came out the factory door and I don't know what sports suspension is. ZT 190 spec. or what?
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2022, 14:21   #13
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Thanks to you all for the information which I shall make use of.

I wondered why the ZTT heated up quicker than the 75 Connie - Webasto! The "Connie" part probably explains why I have the little button on the end of the left stalk; access to the OBD functions proved useful in the past thanks to the helpful info on this forum. The ZTT IPK is a blue colour and probably a replacement by a previous owner.

The speedo, like many others, over reads a bit anyhow.

Robson, I'll check back on the wheel ident list to find those wheels, is there a name, they're not very different to the 16" 7 spoke wheels on the 75 Connie, just two spokes less! If I can get 100k out of the ZTT I'll probably be in my box before the car runs out of puff.

Cheers

Johnny BG
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote