Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2014, 17:25   #101
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfpw View Post
So after checking the wires, fuel pump and all that other stuff I pulled it apart and serviced it, the glow pin was fantasticly clean with a bit of gunk around it, I tested the glow pin and it got warm not hot. Put it all together and then did an ohms test on the glow pin and got back 2.0 to 1.8 so I guess its toast?
Its toast...

Its resistance should be so low a value, that it will not be measurable on a normal meter. Supplied with 12v it should quickly get near white hot.

Someone found a source for replacements, but they were very expensive - close to the cost of a used FBH, so you might be better buying a complete used FBH.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2017, 14:51   #102
bastica

Rover 75

Hello to all, hello Mike,

I just followed some FBH text and how tos to repair it on my car with no success.
Here is what happens with my FBH:
- I connected pin 3 to the ground to test my R75 FBH
- FBH starts then runs for 122 seconds, then stops
- It is off for 2 or 3 seconds
- It starts again and runs for another 122 seconds
- Then it finally stops

What can be the problem here?
Thanks
bastica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2019, 11:10   #103
hitchhiker

Human

hey! i am alex from germany!

i hope someone can help me to figure out the problem on the pcb!

i use the bmw tt-z/c-d ecu in my bmw e46 diesel. board : 91452c

in the last days i get error from webasto thermotop software! the heater wont heat ..i read out... waterpump interruption.

i test another waterpump.. same error.
i test the 3.3k ohm plug for emulate waterpump... same error.

if i shortcircuit pin 1 and 2 of waterpump connector i get failure short circuit.

i think problem is on the PCB between MCU and waterpump socket.

can someone help me please?
is a cricuitdiagram availible????

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk
hitchhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2022, 18:16   #104
Shuknami
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

I have recently had a Rover 75. I have found that the FHB is not working, even on cold days. Sometimes I can see that the housing is hot next to the coolant hose, but the exhaust is cold.
The model I have is the 66232B. I want to check if it works but I don't know which connector I should 'click' and if it is pin 6, if I should do it to ground or positive
What voltage should I have at the input connector? In that model, should I 'NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-' wire number 3 to ground, negative, or positive to try to turn it on? I weight you photos of the connectors, cables and model.
Sincerely, thanks for your advice.
I have photos of the connectors/cables and the model, but I don't know how I can send them to you.
Shuknami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2022, 18:28   #105
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuknami View Post
I have recently had a Rover 75. I have found that the FHB is not working, even on cold days. Sometimes I can see that the housing is hot next to the coolant hose, but the exhaust is cold.
The model I have is the 66232B. I want to check if it works but I don't know which connector I should 'click' and if it is pin 6, if I should do it to ground or positive
What voltage should I have at the input connector? In that model, should I 'NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-' wire number 3 to ground, negative, or positive to try to turn it on? I weight you photos of the connectors, cables and model.
Sincerely, thanks for your advice.
I have photos of the connectors/cables and the model, but I don't know how I can send them to you.

66232B is the early FBH model - try Model 66232C (early) requires +12 volt to pin 1

Your coolant hose will get hot from the engine heat. Cold exhaust means the FBH is not running. When running, the noise of it running is fairly obvious when you are not actually driving the car - it sounds like a quiet jet engine.

Plenty of information on the FBH here - https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...&highlight=fbh

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 8th June 2022 at 18:32..
Old 8th June 2022, 18:33   #106
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
66232B is the early FBH model - try Model 66232C (early) requires +12 volt to pin 1

Plenty of information on the FBH here - https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...&highlight=fbh
There is a How To in the How to section on how to get the plug apart so pin 1 can be accessed permanently.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2022, 18:38   #107
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
There is a How To in the How to section on how to get the plug apart so pin 1 can be accessed permanently.

macafee2

Another way, would be to force a sharp pin or needle through the insulation of the cable going to pin 1 and clip a connection onto that.

Old 10th February 2023, 11:54   #108
Don.Hasi
Regular poster

75 Saloon CDTi Auto

Mine has start to develop a curious behavior:
from 5 to 0 °C everything is fine.
Under 0° say -2 or -5 it starts under heavy smoke but just before it should heat up the water, it shuts down.

So the FBH feels to cold??

It there an obvious DIY way to persuade it to work or is it just a maintenance thing?
Don.Hasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2023, 13:03   #109
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don.Hasi View Post
Mine has start to develop a curious behavior:
from 5 to 0 °C everything is fine.
Under 0° say -2 or -5 it starts under heavy smoke but just before it should heat up the water, it shuts down.

So the FBH feels to cold??

It there an obvious DIY way to persuade it to work or is it just a maintenance thing?

I would judge that to be a 'maintenance thing', it needs a service, a good clean out.

Old 10th February 2023, 21:04   #110
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I suggest all the members with problems like the above, send Devilish/Trebor a private message or an email through this club site. Devilish is the expert on FBH Diagnostics. He can supply a new pcb board if required .