Old 9th June 2022, 16:49   #21
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
I think you are wrong.
We have few responsible gun owners in this country because it is so difficult to obtain said weapon. The irresponsible gun owners in the UK are in the majority. If an individual knows that by brandishing a weapon at someone, he himself may be shot by the one he is brandishing the weapon at, this is akin to Mutually Assured Destruction.
Why would I want an armoury, as I stated previously, I am ex military, I enjoyed the challenge of going to the range and shooting, I still do, albeit with an air weapon, if guns were legal in this country it wold be with a 5.56 or preferably a 7.62. As for looking at web pages that state this or that and blindly following it, we've just had a couple of years of that, and look where that has landed us, the biggest recession of modern times, people that are choosing to heat or eat and still the newspapers harp on about the new big c and its variants. Pull yor head out of the sand, make your own decisions, I made mine and although on the vulnerable list, I'm still in the land of the living.
From quick search, some 60 + police officers were killed in the USA last year, they were probably armed. Mutually Assured Destruction is not certain. Many more police officers were shot at.
You are welcome to research and tell me what figures you come up with for police officers killed by the gun.

In the UK are any legally owned firearms stolen? If the answer is yes that could be a gun now in the hands of a criminal. Increase the number of legally owned guns and you may end up with an increase of illegally owned guns by theft. Today you may be level headed but what of tomorrow? How can we be certain you wont lose your rag and pull your 7.62 or 5.56?

If we go into a deep recession where the choice daily is heat or eat then why not pull out your gun and take the food? One desperate man normally level headed trying to feed his family is killed by another normally level headed man trying to defend his families food.
Think how many wars have gone on where the other side is armed, being armed does not guarantee survival or safety from attack.

I have made my own decision, ban guns from public ownership, exceptions are vets and farmers. There may be others I have not thought of.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2022, 19:27   #22
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
From quick search, some 60 + police officers were killed in the USA last year, they were probably armed. Mutually Assured Destruction is not certain. Many more police officers were shot at.
You are welcome to research and tell me what figures you come up with for police officers killed by the gun.

In the UK are any legally owned firearms stolen? If the answer is yes that could be a gun now in the hands of a criminal. Increase the number of legally owned guns and you may end up with an increase of illegally owned guns by theft. Today you may be level headed but what of tomorrow? How can we be certain you wont lose your rag and pull your 7.62 or 5.56?

If we go into a deep recession where the choice daily is heat or eat then why not pull out your gun and take the food? One desperate man normally level headed trying to feed his family is killed by another normally level headed man trying to defend his families food.
Think how many wars have gone on where the other side is armed, being armed does not guarantee survival or safety from attack.

I have made my own decision, ban guns from public ownership, exceptions are vets and farmers. There may be others I have not thought of.

macafee2
So, what about our beloved cars then, Germany...... Are we going to take everyones car off them?
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2022, 20:36   #23
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
So, what about our beloved cars then, Germany...... Are we going to take everyones car off them?
What?

macafee2
Old 9th June 2022, 21:30   #24
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
What?

macafee2
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sk...e-say-12629926
Old 10th June 2022, 07:11   #25
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Do you digress to avoid what was put to you?
No we do not remove cars from people and I will not discuss any other item used to kill.

stay on topic.

macafee2
Old 10th June 2022, 07:19   #26
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Default Car

Quote:
Do you digress to avoid what was put to you?
No we do not remove cars from people and I will not discuss any other item used to kill.

stay on topic.

macafee2
At least you admit the car was used to kill. Get your head out of the sand, its little wonder our kids are so messed up with people like yourself as role models.
Old 10th June 2022, 08:07   #27
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
At least you admit the car was used to kill. Get your head out of the sand, its little wonder our kids are so messed up with people like yourself as role models.
Digressing again
So what about me messes kids up and makes me a bad role model? What makes you think my head is in the sand?

macafee2
Old 10th June 2022, 12:12   #28
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Quote:
Digressing again
So what about me messes kids up and makes me a bad role model? What makes you think my head is in the sand?

macafee2
It's a given right in the constitution to bear arms, you seem to think rights can be eroded at the strike of a pen, hence head in sand, many of our rights were removed without our knowledge ove the past couple of years, yet many blindly followed and said, it's ok, it's for the greater good. BS. My son is an american citizen and he retains a couple of guns at his property in Texas. It's his right in accordance with the constitution which was set out in the beginning of the american settlements.
Old 10th June 2022, 13:04   #29
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
It's a given right in the constitution to bear arms, you seem to think rights can be eroded at the strike of a pen, hence head in sand, many of our rights were removed without our knowledge ove the past couple of years, yet many blindly followed and said, it's ok, it's for the greater good. BS. My son is an american citizen and he retains a couple of guns at his property in Texas. It's his right in accordance with the constitution which was set out in the beginning of the american settlements.
hooray for the constitution. Please provide evidence where I think "rights can be eroded at the strike of a pen"

Mean while, while you and others point to the constitution and your rights, the rights of other murdered by the gun are being taken away. Odd how people value their right to own a gun over the rights of others to be alive.
Some people are willing to give up their right to own a gun in an attempt to stop the murders. Stopping the murders by gun will not happen, criminals will find a way to get a gun and ammunition and there are others happy to make the ammunition that is used to murder others and say, its not my fault. Then we have the its my right to own a gun brigade and paid senators that will no doubt stop any attempt to ban guns from public ownership

The USA has year after year had mass shootings, you and your son must be so proud of the constitution and your or his right to own a gun probably giving little concern to those that are murdered or their families, after all, you have your rights.

You mention your sons right to own a gun, wow how big of you, now tell me about the rights of the children recently killed in the school mass shooting and why you think your sons right to own gun trumps their right to a life.

From your posts I am glad we have such strict gun laws in the UK, I would be concerned if you were allowed to own a gun. I am not sure you have the right mentality to own a gun and use it only to defend and not attack.

Date of next mass shooting in USA?

macafee2
Old 10th June 2022, 13:07   #30
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
hooray for the constitution. Please provide evidence where I think "rights can be eroded at the strike of a pen"

macafee2
Putin did to enable him to be "Life" president of the Russian Federation.

I's happened in other countries also.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote