Notices

Old 10th June 2022, 13:25   #31
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Putin did to enable him to be "Life" president of the Russian Federation.

I's happened in other countries also.

Kev
Kev,
the question was "Please provide evidence where I think rights can be eroded at the strike of a pen" not where other have eroded the rights at the stroke of a pen

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2022, 15:09   #32
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Kev,
the question was "Please provide evidence where I think rights can be eroded at the strike of a pen" not where other have eroded the rights at the stroke of a pen

macafee2
That is how it is done! That is how a constitution is changed. The evidence is in the new law or constitution. In this country one would look at the old law against the new and list the differences. In this case I'm sure if you read the RF constitution now and locate the older model (say from the Yeltsin period) you will see the "stroke of the pen".

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2022, 16:17   #33
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
That is how it is done! That is how a constitution is changed. The evidence is in the new law or constitution. In this country one would look at the old law against the new and list the differences. In this case I'm sure if you read the RF constitution now and locate the older model (say from the Yeltsin period) you will see the "stroke of the pen".

Kev
I think we are talking at cross purposes

macafee2
Old 10th June 2022, 16:47   #34
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:

Kev
I think we are talking at cross purposes

macafee2
Old 11th June 2022, 09:36   #35
wizzo337
Loves to post

mg zt

Default WHO Treaty

Case in point and very current is the WHO Pandemic Treaty, which in an "emergency", would allow the World Health Organisation to override a countries given sovereignty and impose all kinds of measures on its population of which that country would have no control. This will all be implemented at BoJo The Clowns whim, were you consulted over this, I wasn't.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...ings/cbp-9550/
wizzo337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2022, 09:49   #36
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzo337 View Post
Case in point and very current is the WHO Pandemic Treaty, which in an "emergency", would allow the World Health Organisation to override a countries given sovereignty and impose all kinds of measures on its population of which that country would have no control. This will all be implemented at BoJo The Clowns whim, were you consulted over this, I wasn't.

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...ings/cbp-9550/
Still avoiding the questions I put to you? It is not possible to discuss with you as you dont want to discuss but avoid so I'm giving up as I can not be bothered any more.

macafee2
Old 11th June 2022, 14:17   #37
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

The availability of of the weapon is the first convenient "finger pointing" by various parties. Saves looking any deeper The killer is to blame. Not the gun dealer/manufacturer. Its easier to blame them. I dont live in or want to live in USA, but I do wonder if I did I might be buying a gun. Its a different country, their country. Chris.S. Vets and Farmers?? the first use drugs as their death dealer, and Farmers mostly keep things alive.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2022, 18:46   #38
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

If I lived in America I’d buy a gun. Or two.

Not because I like them and not because I fear them. But I would insist all my family went to a training school to learn how to handle them safely and with total discretion.

There are millions of wonderful people there. We have visited many times and met so many genuinely hospitable people. However, when you see and hear what depressingly and so often happens in ‘the land of the free’ it really doesn’t seem very ‘free’ to me.

As an outsider it seems all too often that we hear these horror stories and are shocked at the lax controls. However, shouty do-gooders in government continually frustrate attempts at moderation.

That’s why I would not want to live in America.

Last edited by wraymond; 11th June 2022 at 18:48..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2022, 05:56   #39
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

We have a small holding on the outskirts of Nairobi and several years ago we were robbed at night by a gang of 8-10 baddies dressed as police who were carrying guns and machetes. My mother in law had a gun but couldn’t get to it in time and when the robbers got to her, they used a machete slashing her head and neck several times. Her husband was dying from cancer, the robbers punched him and gave him a beating, he died the next day.

The alarm was sounded, a rooftop siren and flashing light, when real police and army arrived, a gun battle followed and the baddies escaped through the forest.

CID tracked the ring leader down to a local police station, a corrupt cop. He refused to surrender and was shot dead.

An AK47 is popular amongst the tribes living in the bush and it’s used by herdsmen to protect the livestock from poachers and rustling. The cost to buy one illegally is around $1300 or 2 sheep and a goat.

All of us have been trained to use and handle a firearm. We don’t keep a gun in the house but we do have a bow and steel tipped arrows. At night our small holding is patrolled by armed guards.

I am not in favour of everyone carrying guns but here people carry them for protection. To obtain a firearm license, the rules are very strict.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th June 2022, 05:30   #40
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Kev,

macafee2
Surely, that is one and the same. Otherwise I cannot see what you are getting at!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote