Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th June 2022, 17:11   #165651
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

How times change! Back in the day Friday & Saturday nights out on the raz meant everything

Nowadays it's totally different, I've just had a 30 litre sack of dried 6X farmyard manure delivered & I'm over the moon & happy as Larry, I'd need 10 big sacks of horse poop for the equivalent of the 6 times the strength of the 30 litre sack

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2022, 18:59   #165652
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Evening all, a tired day today, drove to London yesterday to see Green Day at the Olympic stadium, it took 8 hrs to get there, driving through London was awful.

Once the gig was done, a five hour drive back to Devon, got in at 05:00 this morning.

Crazy.. of course, but it was well worth the trip.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Old 25th June 2022, 19:55   #165653
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Evening all, a tired day today, drove to London yesterday to see Green Day at the Olympic stadium, it took 8 hrs to get there, driving through London was awful.

Once the gig was done, a five hour drive back to Devon, got in at 05:00 this morning.

Crazy.. of course, but it was well worth the trip.
Glad that you enjoyed it but looks like my idea of Hell! I much prefer a stroll along a leafy glade or on a deserted beach. Being in a crowded Maccy Dee's for some on the road fuel did for me yesterday. Five minutes in there had me well stressed out!

I'd taken my lad up the A1M to collect his campervan after getting a replacement roof. I have come to the conclusion that driving is becoming less of a pleasure!
Old 26th June 2022, 08:03   #165654
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Morning all, Cloudy & windy here.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2022, 11:20   #165655
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Hmmm . . . . interesting. Been looking for substantial bird seed feeders to replace the ones destroyed by the squirrel(s). One feeder manufacturer (and after research, numerous other sites) advises adding chilli flakes or cayenne pepper to the seeds, doesn't bother the birds as they can't taste it but squirrels can and hate it, even the smell will put them off. Certainly worth trying.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2022, 11:45   #165656
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Blimey! Phil, I hope the scan & heart assessment go favourably for you.
Morning Ian, thank you and thank you guys for your support, much appreciated. In December, when I met with the surgeon in Bristol (NHS) he said if his patients have too many problems, he takes them off his list and lets nature takes its course.

I suspect his thinking was more to do with being compassionate and kind, in not putting a sick/elderly person with multiple health issues through the trauma and pain of having major surgery.

In light of his comments, I decided not to say too much and as a back up I decided to go private, as I wasn't ready to throw in the towel.

One of Jessica's friends has said we can have the use of her flat in Baker Street which she lets out on AirBnB. Its currently vacant as it is having a new kitchen and bathroom fitted, but if we need it post op, we can have it for as long as we need and it has its own underground parking space. Of course we will pay her for the use of the flat.

The surgeon in North London has told me to keep active and to get more fit.

The weather here today in Bristol is miserable with wind and rain, can't go out side exercising. As we live on the 4th floor and no lift, I am up and down its 64 steps, 8 flights of stairs - making the heart and lungs work harder. I have to be sensible in not overdoing it.

How are you?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2022, 11:47   #165657
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Hmmm . . . . interesting. Been looking for substantial bird seed feeders to replace the ones destroyed by the squirrel(s). One feeder manufacturer (and after research, numerous other sites) advises adding chilli flakes or cayenne pepper to the seeds, doesn't bother the birds as they can't taste it but squirrels can and hate it, even the smell will put them off. Certainly worth trying.
Thank you Steve for your support and cheerful wittiness. Have you thought about making your own bird seed feeder, or is it better to get one in already made up?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2022, 12:56   #165658
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post

One of Jessica's friends has said we can have the use of her flat in Baker Street which she lets out on AirBnB. Its currently vacant as it is having a new kitchen and bathroom fitted, but if we need it post op, we can have it for as long as we need and it has its own underground parking space. Of course we will pay her for the use of the flat.
It isn't 221B Baker Street per chance?

Glad you went private Phil.......Nature will have to wait where you're concerned!

Last edited by coolcat; 26th June 2022 at 17:13..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2022, 13:03   #165659
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Have you thought about making your own bird seed feeder, or is it better to get one in already made up?
Really need four feeders to keep the birds happy, thanks to the squirrels we're down to two and one of them is starting to show its age so ideally need three! Best one we got in Lidl, had it for years, top and bottom are ceramic, plastic tube is more substantial than most and the openings/perches are metal but its showing its age, the plastic tube is starting to get a bit brittle. Annoying thing is Lidl had them in about a month/6 weeks ago but didn't need them then . . . . do now and no idea when they'll be in again.

This is the damage the squirrel did to one of the feeders, 2nd one was just as bad

We have a dome to prevent vermin climbing the pole, I'd dropped that a couple of inches to stop the magpies standing on it to get at the feeders, the new height must have been in leaping range for the squirrel. Its back to original height again.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2022, 13:48   #165660
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

I stopped feeding the "birds" when I spotted rats eating at the base. A colleague who used to work for a local council said that most of their pest controllers advised against feeding "birds" near your own home due to the attraction of other unwelcome "wildlife"!