Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > The Freebies Bazaar
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 30th May 2022, 14:28   #1
Musselman

MG ZT

Default Free 2005 MG ZT Cdti to be picked-up near Lyon in France

Hi there MG lovers.
Sadly it’s time for me to part company with my faithful steed, my beloved MG ZT 135 CDTI in grey anthracite, produced in 2005 and which I bought second-hand in 2007.

I’m French and decided to take it with me to the continent back in 2014, when I left the UK for good. It’s now registered with French plates, although it’s still RHD.

It currently leaks a bit of oil, not too much yet but my local garage warned me that its turbo is going to fail soon. My lovely wife, in all her wisdom, is ‘asking me’ me to part with it rather than to get it repaired once more, understandably so since we do have another family car and that I now also have a company car at my disposal, while I’ve been using the MG for weekend outings mainly over the last 3 to 4 years…

It's been sleeping at my local garage for the past couple of months, near Lyon.

It probably has between 220 and 230.000km on the clock (to be checked again). It’s still insured in my name and its MOT will run out in late November 20222

It still looks pretty good in all honesty, but shows its age on various accounts:

- Right side of the driver's seat (black leather) damaged and patched with two pieces of leather
- Roof liner is gone (stapled)
- Trunk closing/opening has always been functional but in machine gun mode
- Motors of the front windows are tired and therefore a little jerky when closing
- Reversing beeps are tired too (probably not much to do to get them working again)
- It has a few bruises on its bumpers, but nothing serious (and since covered with exact same paint/color)
- Small dent at the tip of the right hand front wing

It’s fitted with a Navall Head Unit (which I bought from member of this forum back in 2017) although I’m only using its Bluetooth function at present (since I'm terrible at setting up this kind of stuff)

Over the years I've had to get the water pump, the alternator and the entire exhaust system (in 2015) and one of its neon front light among other things. The accessory belt, all filters and brake pads have been changed fairly recently. Two of its 18 inch tyres need changing, the rims are also a bit rusty in places and not as sharp-looking as they used to be.

Given my sentimental attachment to this car, I clearly can't bring myself to send it to the scrapyard (+ my local garage who looked after it for the past few years very much agrees with the fact that it doesn't deserve to end up yet like that), so wondering if it would be of any use to anyone, either to be kept and stored for spares for your own existing car, or to get it back on the road for good with some work.

If anyone is interested in picking it up near Lyon, while vaguely compensating me a bit for it (e.g. tank near full if I remember well), I'd be happy to discuss, via PM in the first place I guess…

PS: I realize that I don't have any pictures of my car, so I put one that I found on the net for reference, which looks too new compared to mine, but same color and rims…

Musselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2022, 16:16   #2
dave lincs
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Oil leak will possibly just need the PCV filter changing
dave lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2022, 16:35   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

machine gun effect, possibly cured by adjusting the rubber stoppers on the boot lid.

A very generous offer, very kind of you

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2022, 05:44   #4
2750 HP
Loves to post

ZT CDTI, 190+, 260, Triumph TR4, Rolls Royce, Bentley and Mercedes E220d cabriolet

Good morning: did you ever find a new home for your car? I don't need it as have a very similar car but rather just curious as to what happened to it.

Regards
Steve
2750 HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2022, 09:02   #5
benzocek

Rover 75 Saloon

I sent a PM about this but never heard back. Would 100% have it if it’s still available.

Thanks.
benzocek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2022, 19:25   #6
Wolds_lady_2006
Loves to post

MG ZT

Default No response from OP

I had made contact with the owner in the Summer but have not had any response back.🤔
Wolds_lady_2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2022, 16:29   #7
mgzrjake
Loves to post

MG ZTT 135+ diesel, MGZS 180 saloon MK2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolds_lady_2006 View Post
I had made contact with the owner in the Summer but have not had any response back.🤔
Me to never heard a peep from him. Probably scrapped it by now
mgzrjake is offline   Reply With Quote