Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th June 2022, 14:27   #11
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Well, had a chance to have a look at things today,

The vacuum line covered in fabric material for the edge is fine no chafing anywhere. Still blocked off securely (egr bypassed).

The hard nylon line from the servo to the one way valve is all good no splits etc. From the check valve into the rubber hose that goes to I'm guessing the vacuum pump? Again all good no signs of any issues.

Bled the brakes again all round without the pressure bleeder this time but with the engine running. Nice clean fluid, no air bubbles.

Servo works (doesn't require much leg forcefoe the brakes to work). The servo can be heard (wooshing) as the pedal is pumped with the engine off.

Engine running quickly pumping the brake pedal and the pedal travel comes up and firm holding the brake pedal after this the pedal sinks but then stops (sinks nowhere near the carpet, wife's diesel 75 does the exact same). So don't think this is an issue.

Switch engine off, walk away, 20 minutes later brake pedal is right at the top and rock hard (only softening up when engine is started. (As if the pedal has been pumped with the engine off while I'd been away) ?
Comparing this to the wife's 75 diesel, her brake pedal can be given a good few presses before it goes rock hard at the top of the pedal. So... Not sure what's going on.

As I say, moving the car around the servo works as the brake pedal is light and the brakes are keen?
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote