Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 2nd July 2022, 11:17   #1
davidbooker
Gets stuck in

'51 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn. Purchased 02/05

Default BLADES HB-22 Hybrid Wiper Blades

I've just fitted a pair of these superb wipers, purchased for around £14 a pair from wiperblades.co.uk.

They make the car look much more up to date, being identical to those on my Hyundai Ioniq. The old, conventional blades always squeaked, went rusty at the pivot bushes, never seemed to fit the arm very well, and generally looked very shabby long before they wore out.

I had already tried a pair of those aero wipers on an earlier Hyundai (fitted by the dealer), and they never seemed to be very secure, with excessive sloppiness at the hinge. Finally, in mid flop, the driver's one flew off in heavy rain, almost causing an accident! Despite being forced to stop, I never saw it again! Luckily, the screen was not scratched.

These hybrid ones are plastic covered, look much nicer than those flimsy aero items, and have proper clips to hold them securely in place on the arms. Has anyone else tried them?

Last edited by davidbooker; 4th July 2022 at 19:09..
davidbooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:33   #2
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbooker View Post
I've just fitted a pair of these superb wipers, purchased for around £14 a pair from wiperblades.co.uk.

They make the car look much more up to date, being identical to those on my Hyundai Ioniq. The old, conventional blades always squeaked, went rusty at the pivot bushes, never seemed to fit the arm very well, and generally looked very shabby long before they wore out.

I had already tried a pair of those aero wipers on an earlier Hyundai (fitted by the dealer), and they never seemed to be very secure, with excessive sloppiness at the hinge. Finally, in mid flop, the driver's one flew off in heavy rain, almost causing an accident! Despite being forced to stop, I never saw it again! Luckily, the screen was not scratched.

These hybrid one are plastic covered, look much nicer than those flimsy aero items, and have proper clips to hold them securely in place on the arms. Has anyone else tried them?
Do you happen to have a Picture of said blades??

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:50   #3
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 6 View Post
Do you happen to have a Picture of said blades??
I think these are the ones:
https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/rover-...k-wiper-blades

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:10   #4
davidbooker
Gets stuck in

Thanks, Steve, those are the ones! I used to be able to post pictures on this forum, but I've forgotten how.....only been in the club since 2006! ☺️

Last edited by davidbooker; 4th July 2022 at 19:07..
Old 2nd July 2022, 13:18   #5
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidbooker View Post
The old, conventional blades always squeaked, went rusty at the pivot bushes, never seemed to fit the arm very well, and generally looked very shabby long before they wore out.
Do you happen to know the make of the "conventional" blades?

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2022, 19:41   #6
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

I bought two pairs of Bosch wipers a while back. The first pair squeaked from the off & run very roughly across the screen. Rubbing alcohol did nothing & l expect l'll change them for the second pair once the car is back on the road next week. Let's hope it wasn't a bad batch.

The Rovering Member is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2022, 22:18   #7
Lagetha
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Thank you for the recommendation, I have purchased, my BOSCH aero wipers function OK, but they've been on the car for too many years, and the plastic is well faded to grey.

Now fitted these, and I must admit they look very smart and appear to work very well - not raining at the moment!

2000 Rover 75 1.8 Classic SE in Moonstone Green/Black Leather seats and Sandstone Beige Interior (purchased 10 April 2022)
2002 Rover 25 2.0 IL TurboDiesel - gone but not forgotten, you can follow Deric's adventures on YouTube at Boaty's World and Project Nigel. AllegroMan is restoring Deric now. (Owned 25/10/2022-15/05/2023)

Last edited by Lagetha; 7th July 2022 at 15:09..
Lagetha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2022, 16:13   #8
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

I remember "Mr Silicone" wiperblades on ebay were very good many moons ago when I had a ZT.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2022, 19:01   #9
davidbooker
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Do you happen to know the make of the "conventional" blades?

Kev
Yes, they are Champions, purchased from a reputable retailer for the March 2021 MOT, and they were still perfectly serviceable. What really annoyed me was the fact that the black finish had faded badly, and rust was starting to appear on the pivots. Not what you want to view from the driver's seat! Also, the u-clip on the arms did not engage with them very positively, despite being very hard to remove. And they squeaked and smeared alot.....the new wipers address all of these complaints, but it will be interesting to see how they perform in the long term.

My daily driver is a July 2020 Hyundai Ioniq, which still has its original wipers, which look identical to these. At 22000 miles, they still look and perform like new, with no colour fading, rust, squeaking or smearing.

Last edited by davidbooker; 4th July 2022 at 19:09..
Old 5th July 2022, 05:39   #10
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

The factory ones on my Berlingo lasted 144k miles.(4 years) Purchased another set of Bosch ones been on 4 months and very happy with them.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote