Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th June 2008, 14:41   #11
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I think a claim for Pain and personal Injuries is due in the current Climate.
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 09:24   #12
Hampton Caught
Loves to post

ex MG ZT-T (sob!), Rover 25 and TR7 dhc pilot, but not all at the same time!

So sorry to hear about your wife's accident, bluenose. As a caravan owner, I'm shocked that this could happen, given the safety features built into the caravan towing hitches these days. I would, along with others here, suspect human error to be the most likely culprit. I wonder how far the car/ caravan combo had driven before the accident?

I know from experience with neck pain that it's not enough to get pain killers and hope your wife's neck returns to normal. It's important (in my experience) to get a chiropractor or osteopath to check your wife's neck out, makes sure everything's lined up properly and if not, fix it straight away. This is not as painful as it may sound. The body otherwise adapts to the vertebrae possibly being out of alignment. The neck isn't as strong/ comfortable as before and as/when some other trauma occurs (such as sleeping on it awkwardly), the neck can freeze up as the muscles spasm to provide support that the vertebrae and discs no longer do.

I'm not a complementary therapist, just someone whose experienced 25 years of neck pain and spasms due to an accident when I was 11 and had 25 years of osteopath and chiropractic intervention since. Happily for me, this stopped about 4 years ago when I had an artificial disc put in my neck!

I would strongly recommend having your wife (and kids) checked over by a good chiropractor as soon as possible and include the consultations in the insurance claim. You know they're worth it!

Steve
Hampton Caught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2008, 11:30   #13
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenose66 View Post
Thanks for the replies and advice folks. The other parties insurance have accepted full responsibility for the accident. Wife is very stiff and in a lot of pain in neck area. Children who were in the back suffered from seat belt bruising and shock. Wife has said she won't go out next Friday the 13th !!
PM has been sent!

Steve

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote