Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th June 2008, 12:58   #1
Per Ardua
Loves to post

ZT-T 190+

Location: Sipping fine port in a drawing room in Sleaford, Lincs.
Default UK Holiday ideas?

We’re looking at taking a short break somewhere in the UK during the summer holidays – we being Mrs PA, Mini PA (11 months old) and myself. Thing is, we’re at a loss of where to go and why.

We’re quite fond of North Yorkshire and coastal areas but would love to try somewhere new – previous holidays (without Mini Per Ardua) have taken us to Whitby (Goathland) and the North Norfolk coast. We’re definitely not ruling out North Yorkshire again though – there is so much to do in the area (York, Whitby, Robin Hood’s Bay etc)

Has anyone got any good ideas of where to go or what to look for in terms of accommodation? – we were thinking of regular B&B type affair but we’ve never tried it with a little one. Also, what kind of day-trips could we do in the local area? We have recently bought a brace of bikes with a trailer for Mini Per Ardua so maybe some easy cycling away from traffic could be on the cards.

We have looked at centre parcs and although it seems ideal, the price sky-rockets in the summer holidays and for the money, we could take a package tour to spain!

Any recommendations? - especially something that allows me to spend a bit of quality time with the ZT-T!
Per Ardua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 13:31   #2
brum29
Passed Away

Rover 75 Tourer 2L CDT Club SE 2002

Hi PA, where are you based and how far do you wish to travel?????
brum29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 13:34   #3
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Mr and Mrs baxlin are taking their two daughters, with husbands and the 4 grand-mini-baxlins to a farm, self catering on the Isle of Wight early in August (school hols as the oldest g'child is 10 and our younger daughter is a teacher). Thank goodness for Tesco-on-line!

First family holiday for about 12 years, since our (then) teenage daughters didn't want to go on holiday with the "olds" - or with each other, I suspect, but they're now best friends as well as sisters.

Ferry prices are a bit steep, but £60-odd per car cheaper if we catch the 9.30am boat rather than a late morning sailing, so an early start for the kids, with a 2 hour drive to Pompey. We'll be just the 2 of us in the 75, the other 2 cars will have over-excited children.....................
Old 30th June 2008, 14:17   #4
Per Ardua
Loves to post

ZT-T 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by brum29 View Post
Hi PA, where are you based and how far do you wish to travel?????
Depends who you ask! We are based in Cambridgeshire (near peterborough) - I'd be prepared to travel far and wide, distance no object - but Mrs Per Ardua would probably want to limit it to about 3 - 4 hours. Heading North isn't too bad as we can stop-off at the In-laws (Lincoln) on the way - overnight if necessary.
Old 30th June 2008, 14:17   #5
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

bedruthan steps hotel. north cornwall - the only place to go with little ones! But only off season or when they have a half price offer on....
the trouble with self catering and B&B with little ones is that it just seems as much or more hassle than being at home. I hate paying for that...better to do do nice day trips to expensive zoos and seaside and stuff, eating out!

Last edited by pondweed; 30th June 2008 at 14:20..
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 14:25   #6
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

If you want, Beaches, Castles, Steam Trains, History, Mountains and the Roads they use in Top Gear.......
Come to North Wales.

Last edited by JohnDotCom; 30th June 2008 at 14:29..
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2008, 14:27   #7
black olive
I really should get out more.......

260 SE vin 214 ( last mark 1 260 )

we will be once Ive got to grips with towing the van
Old 30th June 2008, 14:27   #8
Per Ardua
Loves to post

ZT-T 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by pondweed View Post
bedruthan steps hotel. north cornwall - the only place to go with little ones! But only off season or when they have a half price offer on....
the trouble with self catering and B&B with little ones is that it just seems as much or more hassle than being at home. I hate paying for that...better to do do nice day trips to expensive zoos and seaside and stuff, eating out!
I tend to agree. We had a recent holiday to Ibiza (in May this year) with Mini Per Ardua. We went with Thomson to a 'Family Club Extra' hotel on half-board basis.

Completely perfect - right down to highchairs in the dining room and a little room near the pool terrace with microwaves, bottle warmers, highchairs and even nappies and wipes! They had a great creche too.

Any good half-board hotels in Whitby/Scarborough Area that cater for babies?
Old 30th June 2008, 14:29   #9
Per Ardua
Loves to post

ZT-T 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
If you want, Beaches, Castles, Steam Trains, History, Mountains and the Roads they use in Top Gear.......
Come to North Wales.
OOOH! Sounds good. What resort/town would you recommend. I've been thinking about going to Wales. Too much Gavin and Stacey...

Last edited by Simon; 1st July 2008 at 20:49.. Reason: Removed duplicate images
Old 30th June 2008, 15:19   #10
pondweed
This is my second home

Waiter, Waiter! I seem to have a Roomster in my drive...

stay in Dollgellau or along Mawdach Estuary... on of the finest in Europe. Good Indian restaurant in the town at end of estuary that serves chicken and salmon mixed - never found that anywhere else...
pondweed is offline   Reply With Quote