Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th October 2009, 13:48   #11
bad-head-day
Loves to post

Citroen C4 Loeb

Just over two weeks later & it has stuck again I was on a smooth road at the time.
bad-head-day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2009, 12:25   #12
wildfirejc
Regular poster

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto Diesel

Default How to release magazine

Just to update that my husband took it off again and on closer inspection, found that one of the sleeves in the CD Cassette was half in/out.

So he turned the gears and got it in, then put it all back and hey presto, it works!

Thank you all!
wildfirejc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 16:10   #13
webbnos
Regular poster

75 Tourer

Mine sticks that often I've not bothered bolting it back in. Initially I was very careful about removing the workings from the casing, lubricating moving parts, reassembling etc but now I just unplug it, hit it with a shoe, and plug back in. Voila!
webbnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2017, 12:07   #14
bigblue75
older not wiser

75 Tourer

Default An old thread that I found useful

Recently renewed my subscription and feel it's already paid for itself.
Have a working cd changer (and a better understanding of how it works) for the times I'm not able to get radio reception.
Surprised how good the fifteen year old symphony unit and alpine cd changer are. If I hadn't been able to fix the cd changer was considering consulting members about a way to connect an mp3 player to the symphony unit and putting my music on sd card or usb stick.
bigblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2018, 12:52   #15
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Just fixed the CDC on my recent V6. The "grease" had gone solid through no use, so applied some watchmakers oil with a cotton bud to all moving parts, moved the gearwheels throught the full range and plugged it back in. Yes! It works again! Thanks for the threads folks, much appreciated. Mike
Old 29th April 2021, 15:54   #16
RDS

Rover 75 Tourer

I'd like to add my thanks - very useful thread. Of course, I wasn't ready for the bloomin' CD player to burst into life playing my dear Father's favourite songs was I? Ha! Very cathartic - did me good.

I love my 75 Tourer. I'm also stuck with a '71 Triumph Spitfire, a '90 Jag XJS Convertible from Japan, '06 Mini Convertible which is my wife's and a '90 Toyota Hilux Pickup with 38" wheels and a 10 1/2" lift.
RDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2021, 17:58   #17
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
I'd like to add my thanks - very useful thread. Of course, I wasn't ready for the bloomin' CD player to burst into life playing my dear Father's favourite songs was I? Ha! Very cathartic - did me good.
I've been told that careful use of a hairdryer through the front, sometimes frees the compacted grease. Be careful though - at your own risk!
Old 29th April 2021, 21:23   #18
RDS

Rover 75 Tourer

Ha! Interesting thought!
I'm keeping the unit out on the floor for a day or two and keeping an eye on it. I suspect everyone already knows, but the load process is interesting - the unit loads all 6 slots in order to check them, then loads disc 1 and waits, from what I've seen... Then, when you switch away from it, it leaves the CD in place, ready to restart. I think when I'm leaving the car for a while I'll be taking the cartridge out... that might help alleviate the problems... ����

I love my 75 Tourer. I'm also stuck with a '71 Triumph Spitfire, a '90 Jag XJS Convertible from Japan, '06 Mini Convertible which is my wife's and a '90 Toyota Hilux Pickup with 38" wheels and a 10 1/2" lift.
RDS is offline   Reply With Quote