Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th August 2023, 13:16   #1
hedrog

75 Tourer

Default Rover 75 Tourer For Sale - ULEZ Compliant!

NOW SOLD
Rover 75 Tourer Manual 5 speed 1. 8 turbo BRG with Connoisseur leather and air con.
ULEZ Compliant.
MOT until December 2023.
Beautiful Tourer in metallic British Racing Green, has been upgraded to 17” Meteor alloy wheels with good tyres, full size spare wheel, Connoisseur electric leather seats and factory dog guard/ luggage cover.
She drives and handles beautifully absorbing road imperfections in her stride and is surprisingly quick and economical for such a big practical car.
She had her turbo replaced at 47000 miles by The Rover Centre in Pinner and an uprated head gasket at 56000 by MG Solutions as a precaution after the old one started weeping slightly. The timing belt and water pump were replaced at 70000. I replaced the exhaust back box last year. She is now showing 75300 which will increase a little bit as she is used most days.
The Rover engineers really knew what they were doing as the K series engine still produces low enough emissions to qualify for use in London’s Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ). As long as an eye is kept on the coolant level and the oil kept fresh these are fantastic reliable lightweight engines, good enough for Lotus to fit into their first Elise models. It is running the factory standard ecu giving 150bhp, these I think can be remapped to around 195bhp. I have done the bulkhead drainage holes mod and have the fuel pipe clip mod for the new owner to fit.
The only faults are the fuel gauge is inaccurate after a new seal was installed on the fuel pump, the remote mirror adjustment doesn’t work (probably a loose wire or fuse somewhere) so they have to be adjusted by hand and the last MOT picked up as advisory a small amount of play on the front nearside track rod end bush. The paintwork is really very good for a 20 year old car only spoilt by scratches on the top of the rear bumper made when the previous owner was loading furniture into the cavernous rear! A couple of the wheels could do with a bit of a paint touch up but look great from a few feet away.
I have 2 keys, one of which needs a new battery and has lost the plastic cover over the micro switch, the other one is perfect. It has a factory alarm/ immobiliser, a Haynes manual and the handbook/ service book from new. I have a fair amount of paperwork for work done from previous owners and myself. I also have EVERY mot certificate going all the way back to the first one in 2005. These cars are getting very rare now, especially in this colour and must surely be future classics. However, spares are reasonably priced and are readily available from the likes of Rimmer Brothers, X Part and Discount MG Rover spares.
You can view her at my home address in Raynes Park, London SW20, not very far from the A3.
£1500 ono.
Steve 07761121385 NOW SOLD

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0107.jpg

DSC_0108.jpg

DSC_0109.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0112.jpg

Last edited by hedrog; 26th August 2023 at 11:36.. Reason: Reduced price
hedrog is offline   Reply With Quote