Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th June 2014, 16:03   #1
TopCat999
Avid contributor

2x1968 Chevrolet Camaros,1991 BMW E30 Hartge H26, 1980 E21 BMW ALPINA B6 2.8,2x1979 V8 JEEPS

Default ZT-T gets its first MOT!

Now one of the (many) advantages of living on the Isle of Man is our system of car registration which involves a REALLY difficult initial test followed by NO MOTs thereafter. But along with our lack of speed limits in the derestricted areas of the roads- if the police catch you with an unserviceable vehicle or driving badly they throw the book at you!
It's called "no nanny state IOM!"

Anyway I only got an MOT as I may be selling my beloved ZT-T some time in next 12 months ; and it is tricky explaining to someone that yes it is in VG order but no it has never had an MOT (NOR REQUIRED ONE).

Anyway car initially FAILED!

Failure was caused by a split gaiter on drop link- since changed and now I have an MOT!

The MOT guy couldn't believe what good condition it was in for a car that is 10 years old this year! He said that it was a credit to it that it only failed on the split gaiter!

In fairness that is probably a reflection on the state of the cars in Inverness that are subjected to huge quantities of salt in winter.

former owner of 2004 ZT-T CDTi from new
TopCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote