Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Wales
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th July 2014, 20:26   #141
danbmx_69
Gets stuck in

zt 160

was nice to meet everyone shame I had to leave early to work on my other car, hopefully I will see people down at the gnoll park car show
Old 6th July 2014, 22:53   #142
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbmx_69 View Post
was nice to meet everyone shame I had to leave early to work on my other car, hopefully I will see people down at the gnoll park car show
Fantastic day, even though some us got a little sun-burnt

Today, finished off the work on the engine with removing the Synergy2 and the PB MAF (out of spec anyway). Replaced with the original Bosch MAF that I took out when I put the S2 in.....

Undone the air intake mod.....

and put it back to original.

Also oil, PCV, air and pollen filters renewed. I change the PCV filter every other service, which amounts to every year. Oil & oil filter changed every 8k miles (or thereabouts)

Took the car out afterwards with 2 up and 0-60mph on the flat was 11 seconds. Not bad for an auto

Forgot to say.... on a 20- 25% uphill with sports mode engaged she did 0-60mph in 12 seconds. In both cases the power was applied fairly gently... initially the take off was nice and even, not as much as a wheel spin as before with the "over-fuelling" Impressed ? Yes

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Last edited by Dragrad; 6th July 2014 at 23:36..
Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2014, 16:44   #143
MevagisseyMedic
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Club Tourer 2002 Auto

Hi All and thanks for a warm welcome, what I noticed was that I used almost 1/2 a tank to the meet and just over a1/4 on the return trip to Cornwall, or was it because the return trip was all down hill :-)

Thanks Brian for the 160, Looks like I might need some new tyres soon as I get a bit of wheel spin going up hill now from my home. the response from stand still is ssssssooooooo much better.

I have taken on board the other information you said, new O rings and Gold fan resistor ordered, cleaned out the EGR, Just picked up drivers door actuator, and got 2 door trims to replace the rusty ones, so that gives me things to do when the rain stops.

Hope to meet you all again soon.
Barry AKA MevagisseyMedic
MevagisseyMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 00:45   #144
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MevagisseyMedic View Post
Thanks Brian for the 160, Looks like I might need some new tyres soon as I get a bit of wheel spin going up hill now from my home. the response from stand still is ssssssooooooo much better
I had the 135 remap and Synergy 2 and wheel spins were "embarrassing" But with the 160 re-map I find that the power is continuous and evenly spread.... No more wheel-spins

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2014, 04:56   #145
Frank Incensed
Ex 75 Owner

75 Tourerless

Talking You're Not the Only One!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
Took the car out afterwards with 2 up and 0-60mph on the flat was 11 seconds. Not bad for an auto

Forgot to say.... on a 20- 25% uphill with sports mode engaged she did 0-60mph in 12 seconds. In both cases the power was applied fairly gently... initially the take off was nice and even, not as much as a wheel spin as before with the "over-fuelling" Impressed ? Yes
I'm impressed too. See you at Santa Pod next time will we, Andrew? You should clean up in the diesel section! Unless it's down to that clear, cool Welsh mountain air, of course. Shame the Welsh Nano was after our visit to Podington.
Using "Sports Mode" makes no difference to the acceleration times of the a diesel. Anybody care to do an officially timed test in a petrol auto (where, I suspect "Sports Mode" should have an effect)?
And - as I'm sure you are aware - the publicity figures supplied by MGR show no difference in the 0-60 times of the auto and the manual.
Regards
Robert

355188 of 355194
Frank Incensed is offline   Reply With Quote