Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: Wales
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st July 2014, 11:41   #11
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

OP post updated

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 21:47   #12
Abbadon
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

Default CDTi

Hi,

its a CDTi 135.

Just discovered this in the battery box however - didnt know it had one nor did the dealer I guess..

So i would be interested in finding out if my car has a pierberg maf, or not, checking whether i need to clean/replace it, and checking if the synergy is working.

Secondly, if I can source an IPK with message center I would love to get it sorted by someone with a T4 - anyone close to Swansea?

Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragrad View Post
What engine ?

Have a look at some of the links in my signature - may be of some help
Abbadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2014, 23:27   #13
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

This might be of some help...

http://tuning-diesels.com/Pierburgh/pierburgh.htm

From the same site you can explore the Synergy module.

Also plenty of threads on the forums regarding this issue

Andrew
Ich Dien

Old 3rd August 2014, 21:35   #14
Abbadon
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

Yes i had done some reading already, however, I haven't had time yet to strip back the covers and check the maf - can you tell without removing from the duct if its bosch or pierburg? Or must i unbolt it to tell?

The car was set to position one when i discovered the box, and to me, the car does feel sluggish below 2500. Not woeful but it lifts off at 2500rpm like my old non-intercooled pug did years ago... I tried position 3 today, high torque medium power, low compensation, and im not sure it really felt any different. does this indicate i need settings 6 and above, which are stronger maf compensation (maybe indicating i have pierburg fitted?)

I was wondering if rover ron had a record of selling a unit to the previous owner!

Another thing for the nano - im not sure if my brakes are really working 100%, or should I say the level of pressure required seems high - i was wondering if a booster problem is likely? car stops ok, just not so much bite if you get what i mean?

Andy
Abbadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 22:25   #15
Trevski

MG ZT+ 135 CDTI

I might be interested in attending this. My car is currently in garage with serious starting issues. Doesn't like warm starts at all, also rear brake uneven wear issue, sunroof drain problem I now suspect engine mounts problems. Its a ZT CDTI 135 I am not at all mechanically minded.

Car starts with Easy start and someone with a snap on diagnostic tool told me there is a low pressure in the fuel rail fault also glo plug fault but car starts better cold so that doesn't make sense.
It would be nice to meet nice folks with knowledge and spanners for sure.
Trevski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2014, 23:04   #16
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbadon View Post
Yes i had done some reading already, however, I haven't had time yet to strip back the covers and check the maf - can you tell without removing from the duct if its bosch or pierburg? Or must i unbolt it to tell?

The car was set to position one when i discovered the box, and to me, the car does feel sluggish below 2500. Not woeful but it lifts off at 2500rpm like my old non-intercooled pug did years ago... I tried position 3 today, high torque medium power, low compensation, and im not sure it really felt any different. does this indicate i need settings 6 and above, which are stronger maf compensation (maybe indicating i have pierburg fitted?)

I was wondering if rover ron had a record of selling a unit to the previous owner!

Another thing for the nano - im not sure if my brakes are really working 100%, or should I say the level of pressure required seems high - i was wondering if a booster problem is likely? car stops ok, just not so much bite if you get what i mean?

Andy
Ask the questions in the Tech Help section as you will get more responses

Andrew
Ich Dien

Old 21st September 2014, 01:03   #17
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Back on thread please

Andrew
Ich Dien

Old 22nd October 2015, 06:37   #18
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well, the proposed Welsh Nano meet failed to materialise. It is a shame really as I have attended the last three W. Midland Nano meets and they are absolutely brilliant. One of the original members at the meet (Paul) is moving to West Wales in November and we are seriously thinking of getting this venture off the ground if there is enough interest.

About four meets a year would be about right starting off with the first one in the spring when hopefully the weather will have improved. It is vitally important that an ideal location is found with eating and toilet facilities nearby, also B & B's and overnight accommodation within easy driving distance. I will contact Clyde (Nev the Bear) who is the regional secretary for the South West as I'm sure he could drum up some interest from his neck, of the woods for members who be interested in attending these two day, weekend meets.

Going back to an ideal location I would be thinking along the lines of a large pub car park maybe that does food including breakfast for both days, this would bring some extra revenue to licencee. These are just my thoughts, so please can those interested have a think of the general location of where it is to take place as this needs to be pretty central for everyone.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone with any ideas, suggestions or criticisms

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 06:48   #19
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I would be interested.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2015, 11:58   #20
ChestersDad
Still 75less :-(

1988 Defender 90

Thumbs up

Di and me would be interested to come along. Can't offer much expertise but a little experience myself but do have a few tools - might even get a couple of my own jobs done that I never seem to get motivated for!

Amazing what a bit of like minded chat can do for you.......

Either way might turn out to be a really enthusiastic repeating event, drawing in a few Gurus and Experts, after a slow start but gotta start somewhere.

Cross Hands appears to be a fairly sensible and central start as a suggestion.
Though not too glamorous there is an adjacent Travelodge, large car park, cafes and shopping all close by?

ChestersDad is offline   Reply With Quote