Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > The Freebies Bazaar
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th October 2020, 07:26   #1
Caulkhead
Avid contributor

Rover75 Tourer

Default Anyone need anything?

Put this in here as it is off to the crusher next week and it didn’t get any reads in social forum.
The diesel tourer failed big time with need for welding of sills and rear suspension mountings, so I have decided it is time. I hope to get another tourer, will have to see what comes up.

Would have considered having work done, but not sure there are reliable garages who would do a good job. Sound like quite a big bill!

I have had nearly 6 years of joy driving around the Isle of Wight with my dogs in the back, smooth and graceful!! Have had compliments for how nice the car looks.

It seems such a shame to send it to the crusher as the paintwork (is it Westminster blue?) is very good on the doors and bonnet etc, but as I live on the Isle of Wight other owners would face some issues collecting any panels.

I have taken out the leather interior, rear lights, headlights, CD player and various other bits in hope of using again. Also have new spare rear upper and lower suspension arms that I purchased some time ago in expectation of needing them at some point.

There is a V6 2.0 tourer for sale locally, haven’t seen it yet , but only 60000 on clock but would need belts etc, again don’t know mechanic on the Island who I could trust this to.

Oh dear! Have another car, my Skoda Octavia, so will now use this for daily transport.

If anyone wants me to take of bonnet front wings or doors etc, please let me know, they are all in v good nick with no rust and good paintwork without damage.
Caulkhead is offline   Reply With Quote