Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > News Bulletins > Discussion
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th March 2018, 23:05   #21
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Honestly, I feel now the same as when the election happened, I just don't know..I'm hoping for the sake of my children it will all pan well in the end..
Old 16th March 2018, 01:03   #22
aReallyNiceCar
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer, Connoisseur SE. Vintage Peugeot 106 XND, Sick & ill Vauxhall Astra 1.7CDi Estate

Despite all my rantings.......
I can completely agree with that sentiment.
(hope over experience)
Old 16th March 2018, 06:38   #23
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I suspect sadly you won't get it here - everything is going to be absolutely amazingly brilliant and if you disagree then 200 posts from about 3 people disagreeing will eventually wear you down to the point where you will decide there is more to life. So it's all going to be brilliant, honest..... and let's get back to cars
During the referendum vote, the lead up to it, the remainers on the OC were very much in the minority. Despite this, the Brexiteers had it in their mind, to get those on the boards to either “sign up or ship out”. A small group of Brexiteers were drawn together like the wolves in the pack, snuffing out the opposition. Grown men behaving like a gang of teenagers.

Some members jumped on the Nigel Farage bandwagon in the hope he would solve the immigration issues. How they exclaimed his virtues and how they must have felt betrayed, when he threw in the towel. That is how it was. Some of the remainers felt intimidated and were driven away from the forum for good, never to return. That was sad.

The arguments in both camps were powerful and got personal. It was for those reasons the moderators closed the threads down.

Brexit is happening, we can do nothing about it other than to embrace it and get with the programme. I would not like this forum to return to those dark days when members were at each other’s throats
Old 2nd April 2018, 07:48   #24
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

I'm hoping to move to Spain and enjoy the sunshine doubt if we could afford France, wonder how that plan will be effected after Brexit. As it stands now it's quite simple to move over there.

My other half has a new job which gives flexibility, she can work 2 to 3 weeks on and 2 to 3 weeks off, as she is younger than me it makes sense for her to keep earning. The move is possible and we could manage financially, not an extravagant lifestyle but reasonably comfortable.

So, I'm following Brexit with some self interest and a bit of an agenda, some 1.2 million Brits resident in other EU Countries.
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:08   #25
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
I'm hoping to move to Spain and enjoy the sunshine doubt if we could afford France, wonder how that plan will be effected after Brexit. As it stands now it's quite simple to move over there.

My other half has a new job which gives flexibility, she can work 2 to 3 weeks on and 2 to 3 weeks off, as she is younger than me it makes sense for her to keep earning. The move is possible and we could manage financially, not an extravagant lifestyle but reasonably comfortable.

So, I'm following Brexit with some self interest and a bit of an agenda, some 1.2 million Brits resident in other EU Countries.

Your idea sounds very appealing.
Have you investigated how the Spanish Healthcare system, compares to the NHS?
That aspect would influence me a lot.
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:21   #26
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Stevie, not recently I know there are rules on burial such as you have to be taken care of within 24 hours and have a plan in place approx £1500. My plan was to get a North sea ferry, drink a load and jump off lol..But seriously I do need to look in to it all in depth, not getting any younger. Think your income has to be paid to a Spanish bank also, to get residence. Maybe I should start a new thread and perhaps some already over there could comment.
Old 2nd April 2018, 09:51   #27
Stevie25
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustymotor View Post
Hi Stevie, not recently I know there are rules on burial such as you have to be taken care of within 24 hours and have a plan in place approx £1500. My plan was to get a North sea ferry, drink a load and jump off lol..But seriously I do need to look in to it all in depth, not getting any younger. Think your income has to be paid to a Spanish bank also, to get residence. Maybe I should start a new thread and perhaps some already over there could comment.
Gordon, that first bit of information about burials really Wasn't what I had in mind!!
But your right, it would be useful to know from other members, who have either made the move, or at least investigated in more detail.
I may never do it, but at least being born in NI, I can hold both British and Irish (EU) passports, so that may assist things.
The weather over here is currently depressing - might look at flights to Spain this afternoon.!!
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:27   #28
rustymotor
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Tourer

Hi Stevie, you can pay in monthly to the private health care scheme run by the local authority, 60 euro for under 65's and 157 euro for over 65's more info here pay 100% for prescriptions.

Your lucky in that respect, flights should be cheap after Easter, my daughter is studying at Bologna uni for 4 months, she got home for the holiday £80 return to Liverpool, quite cheap right?

Last edited by rustymotor; 2nd April 2018 at 12:31..
Old 2nd April 2018, 14:32   #29
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I spend part of the year living outside of the EU. Today it has been 26C and rainy. The warmer weather is an appeal for retirees in Spain or like us in the tropics. I live off an NHS pension and if one is careful it is possible to still have a comfortable lifestyle. It’s only taxed once in the UK and not taxed again in Kenya. There is no welfare state and no NHS here, so private health insurance is important. For the 2 of us at our age it costs £8000 p.a

Do check out your health entitlements and other benefits for a non EU resident. I guess you could apply for Spanish and EU residency, once the UK leaves the EU, then entitlements will be free if you are successful. Do your research I wonder what their terms and conditions are. The upside of living in the tropics is the weather, the wildlife and being able to swim in the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, all accessible. The flight between London and Nairobi is 8 and half hours one way and 9 hours the other way. I am used to it. Spanish is not a difficult language to pick up and English is the second language

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 2nd April 2018 at 14:36..
Old 2nd April 2018, 14:40   #30
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

£4000 per person, wow.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Closed Thread