Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th February 2015, 11:34   #2711
Jules
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE Twilight and 10 other 75 ZT's :O

Thanked 1,116 Times in 763 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
Update on Post #2789

Took the charger to Halfords where the chap there took it apart and found a glass fuse on the PCB had blown...??? So out with the soldering iron, made a modification and 30 minutes later it was working again.... At NO CHARGE!!!

Now, that is what I call service.

By the way, the charger was more than 6 years old, so it saved me buying a new one!

Wonder how many pieces of equipment end up in landfill because they are deliberately designed to make repairs awkward ?!

Manufacturers should make modules repairable to save the planet's precious resources.
Will that ever happen, I doubt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2roverman View Post
Topped up the radiator of my newly acquired KV6 Connie SE, as was told, after I'd bought it, that it needs topping up regularly.
I can see a new gasket under the manifold, and the radiator looks new so am wondering what was done only a few months back (last owner had it 3 months). It's done 54k and everything else seems 100%.

Are you over filling the tank Lee?
75% of members cars I see here are overfilled!!
Diesel owners may get away with it but the coolant will spew out on Petrol variants.

One owner last week had filled it absolutely to the brim and I could see the hoses were in pain!
Correct level is bottom of fins.............not the top. (another photo clearly shows the level marks)

Newbies do now!!
1. Plenum drains..all 3 or 4 year dependent
2. Cooling fan..All speeds functioning
3. Bonnet cable divider block
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 15:00   #2712
Doghouse
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avora View Post
The fan comes on when the AC is activated, to keep the condenser cool. But it doesn't need the AC to be on for the low speed fan to work. The low speed fan will also work when the engine temperature gets high enough.

The AC should work without the low speed fan also, once the system gets hot enough the trinary switch will enable the high speed fan. But everyone uses the AC to test the low speed fan is working.

Basically, the garage are almost there, but you didn't need to do anything about the air con compressor for the fan to work.
Hi Thanks for the info. Need to find some spare pennies or a willing Roverite to assist me with the removal of the front bumper and replace the resistor.
N 220 SLi
02 R75 2.0L V6 Connoiseur
Doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 15:35   #2713
Avora
Loves to post

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse View Post
Hi Thanks for the info. Need to find some spare pennies or a willing Roverite to assist me with the removal of the front bumper and replace the resistor.
It can be a bit of pain of a job, mine had been rigged to run full speed so the wires were bodged/the wrong colours and too short. Yours hopefully will be original.

I mounted my resistor with some heatsink compound to the crash beam to make it a job for the cars life. I also suggest using heat shrink on the terminals to stop corrosion.

Best of luck, no doubt someone will be able to help you out.
Old 8th February 2015, 16:59   #2714
njb
Avid contributor

Connie SE Tourer Automatic

Bulbs mostly, sidelight failed so I replaced the W5W and also replaced the H1s with Osram nightbreakers to match the H7. They're very good for Halogens.

I also remounted the rain sensor for the wipers, it works but I've still got a bubble or two in the gel pad.
Looking online for parts for the next few jobs now.
On the Chagall; epoxied the intercooler, new Rainsports, new dampers,reseated loose injector,replaced windscreen sensor, new front suspension legs, new MAF, PCV, 4 Pagid discs, cleaned EGR, serviced, new sony head.

To do: refurb injectors, body work, fan, thermostat.
njb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 17:15   #2715
wooly12345
Gets stuck in

Rover 75

Default Busy Afternoon on RGT

Started with doing the usual snow foam, autowash, cleanser, clay, wax then fitted a new door seal on the drivers side mine was cream crackered where ur a*se rubs against the seal (prior owner) I'm hoping I myt hav a quieter journey to work tomorrow =) Then fitted an indicator bulb holder that John H sent over to me when Phil T4 diagnosed the sporadic flashing, his fix lasted till now!!! Then had to fix a tail light, my cluster only has one screw and know holders where the ball joint goes into, I'm guessing these are often broke/snapped?
wooly12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 17:54   #2716
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

Put the now fully charged Battery back into the Car, which started first go. (As it should).

Then took it to check tyre pressures, gave it a bit of a blast. (Blew out the cobwebs).

And then sorted out my newly acquired Auto-Glym bag, (Birthday Pressie) with some products - dissapointed they didn't all fit though...

But at least now it saves my lugging around a box with all the stuff in! So really chuffed!

And that's it - will give a good going-over on the interior tomorrow...

Old 8th February 2015, 17:58   #2717
turbo_billy
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

Washed it, waxed it, gazed at it, drove it.
Now, anyone that knows me will tell you that as far as I am concerned, a car is just a car, spend what`s needed to keep it going and get it cleaned (infrequently) by the nearest handwash mob.............until now.
I mean, I went to a motorbike show/autojumble yesterday with some pounds in my pocket looking for bike stuff and came home with:
Sponges (to wash the car)
Shampoo and polish (for the car)
Washing mitt (for the car)
Spray bottle (for the car)
Plastic headlight restorer (for the car).........
You get the idea.
What has this ZT+ done to me............
turbo_billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 18:26   #2718
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

is there an Auto Glym, Auto Glym bag cleaner in there Mangoman??
Old 8th February 2015, 21:32   #2719
turbo_billy
Avid contributor

MG ZT+

Yes John, Churchdown , Gloucestershire but the show/jumble was at the Bath and West showground.
Oh, and hi neighbour
Whereabouts in the fair city are you located?
Cheers
Tim
turbo_billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2015, 21:34   #2720
Ps3000
Gets stuck in

None at moment

Washed mine and checked the coolant level. I had washed it yesterday, but today I did it properly :-)

I am still suspicious about the coolant - if I am losing any, it's only a little, but sometimes when I start or stop the car I can smell coolant - I have a feeling there's still a leak somewhere, but temp (on the IPK) is normal, touch wood. I am still not100% sure that a new Rad, Gold resistor and new stainless pipes on the front will be the end of it - we'll see.
Ps3000 is offline   Reply With Quote