Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th February 2021, 17:30   #41
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
and still the ipk screens are on ebay.
Yes they've been on ebay and aliexpress for individual purchases by the manufacturer for ages, no one ever said they couldn't do that.
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2021, 19:52   #42
Uncle Dean
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

Oh I am midly annoyed at this thread.

Not at most of the contributors but about some of the comments..

we have a forum that offers advice to members about how to fix our problems on our cars, some of these contributors are garages and businesses, many have been running for a long time. It stands to reason that these businesses must make a profit to be able to continue trading. if they dont then they will be gone.

it is up to the customers of theirs to decide on whether the prices are too high, and if they are then again their businesses will suffer and die. End of.

If a member then advertises that they can get stuff done cheaper than the Traders who advertise their services on here then it is patently obvious that it is intentional that they are underming the trader, to then say that some are profiteering is also,in my opinion, offensive to that trader.

when it then appears that the product in question is a direct result of the traders hard work..... well i find it really offensive.

I come here for info and advice, and just to say that i am an electronic engineer since 1979 and have multiple years of experience working down to component level from valves to processors, from sockets to surface mounted cpu's.... guess what, my IPK is already booked into Rick's place, why?

because if we dont support him and his business, and others like him, then our cars will be going onto the scrap heap.

Rant Over.

Cant wait till i can get out and drive my car further than 7 miles.
Uncle Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2021, 20:23   #43
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dean View Post

we have a forum that offers advice to members about how to fix our problems on our cars, some of these contributors are garages and businesses, many have been running for a long time. It stands to reason that these businesses must make a profit to be able to continue trading. if they dont then they will be gone.

it is up to the customers of theirs to decide on whether the prices are too high, and if they are then again their businesses will suffer and die. End of.

If a member then advertises that they can get stuff done cheaper than the Traders who advertise their services on here then it is patently obvious that it is intentional that they are underming the trader, to then say that some are profiteering is also,in my opinion, offensive to that trader.

when it then appears that the product in question is a direct result of the traders hard work..... well i find it really offensive.

I come here for info and advice, and just to say that i am an electronic engineer since 1979 and have multiple years of experience working down to component level from valves to processors, from sockets to surface mounted cpu's.... guess what, my IPK is already booked into Rick's place, why?

because if we dont support him and his business, and others like him, then our cars will be going onto the scrap heap.

Rant Over.

To be fair, from the now deleted opening post, I do not think Howard (as Trikey said) was being intentionally contrary to any trader, rather giving an option of a possibly cheaper alternative as a group buy. However at the time it did remind people an already known (posted in the forum previously) supply should they wish to do it themselves - I wasnt aware Rick offered them separately. Pricing was not hugely different, even with the offered group buy discounted price, allowing for the service and back up provided by Rick. What happened, obviously behind the scenes, suggest there were negative discussions regarding this, but my objection, if you could call it, was the precedent set previously regarding non-profit/cost price trading, particularly when it directly affected a paid up trader.

Since it has come to light that the components are a direct result of Rick's involvement (again to be fair, I have no reason to believe Howard, the OP, was aware of this at the time), it makes it subsequently unfair. Unfortunately, Rick has no claim to the intellectual property (as it existed prior to his reverse engineering) and therefore cannot stop anyone else jumping on his bandwagon, however, if I required the IPK screen to be replaced, on principle, Rick would be the person I would go to.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2021, 20:30   #44
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Dean View Post

Rant Over.

mmm interesting. A member has already said on this thread profit is not somewhere they want to go and I have posted an example of profit.
At what point and I am not referring to IPK's does anyone question the price differential between two suppliers? Manufacturers spend vast sums designing and testing vehicles and each part yet lots of people fit a pattern exhaust because it is cheaper and does anyone think that is wrong? Do many people consider the amount of money the manufacturer has spent on design and test or just look at the retail price?
I was not aware until it came out on this thread that the ones on ebay were as a result of Ricks work nor was I aware these ones are as a result of Ricks work, I just thought they were someone new.

I do not know if it took place but perhaps Rick should have approached tantallon at the outset of this post to discuss the amount of time, money and effort Rick has put in.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote