Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th May 2011, 17:38   #11
jt002e2762
Loves to post

Ex 2.0 ltr CDT Conn

Thumbs up In tank pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Interesting read.
Thanks for sorting the link out mate. I tried cut and paste but it would'nt turn blue for some reason. Cheers, JRT.
jt002e2762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2011, 08:59   #12
JB Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer, MG ZT-T V8, MG ZTV8

Default Fuel Pump

I just changed the intank pump using one from MKON. Took about 10 minutes to get the seat up and tank cover off. Followed the instructions and cut the flexable pipe in the tank to remove the pump and sender only. Replaced the cut pipe with a new piece of 8mm ID fuel pipe the same length. If you are attempting this yourself I would recomend having a length of 8mm fuel pipe handy as it proved impossible to remove the push fit pipe from the connections. If you break the connections you are in a big mess.
It is really, really fiddly to open the case to remove the pump. The easiest way I found was using three small terminal screw drivers inserted between each pair of clips. By slightly turning the screw drivers they open up just enough clearance for the casing to come apart. Also be careful removing the filter from the end of the original pump. Although the new pump comes with a new filter the original is much better quality.
Only problem I had putting back together was the seal. I hadn't noticed when I removed the pump that the seal actually fits arround the inside dia of the hole and is not just "sandwiched" on the top of the take between the tank and pump unit. If you don't fit the seal correctly you can't get the lock ring back on to hold it all together and sealed.
Total time was 10 minutes to remove seat and cover, 5 minutes to unscrew lock ring, remove pump and cut pipe. 5 minutes to remove old pipe end from inside tank and fit new length of pipe. 20 minutes to take pump casing apart and insert new pump. Then about 20 minutes to put it all together again and fit new pipe end to top of pump. I secures both ends of the new pipe with jubilee clips. So in total about 1hr to 1hr20 minutes.
New pump worked first time, no problems. I know mine hasn't been working for some time so I am not used to hearing it but I would say this pump is a little noisier than the original.
Excellent service from MKON. Ordered in the morning and it arrived the following day.
JB Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote