Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 10th January 2018, 13:07   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Prescription renewal - review?

On my online medical record, in the prescriptions section where I can re-order my usual meds, one of them is marked as to be reviewed before being able to renew. I read that as I would need to talk to the doctor, but Jean says the pharmacist can do it, so I asked at the chemists and they say they don't do the review. However, collecting my latest batch, a label stuck on suggests the pharmacist can review your meds, which has left me rather confused.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 13:20   #2
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
Probably different up here but it is always the GP that reviews medication. I am quite aware that a pharmacist (My sister is a retired Pharmacist) is well qualified but not to the level of a GP plus they wont have medical records of your conditions so personally and without asking my sister I'd only go to my GP for an accurate review.
Old 10th January 2018, 13:30   #3
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Harry, normally only your GP can review your medication to determine if it is still needed, needs changing or whether your condition for those meds needs further treatment etc. I think the pharmacist can only review your prescription to automatically reorder your repeat on your behalf to save you doing it

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 14:43   #4
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I reorder online, any time anything of mine drops off the list I just call the surgery and its available again within 24 hours. I always give myself plenty of time, I have one of those weekly med trays so anything I get low on I have a weeks grace minimum.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 16:51   #5
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

My wife Jan is on continuous medication and as such her prescription is reviewed every 6 months and then every 12 months she has to have a blood test to check for side effects and make sure all is as it should be.
The blood test is always done via the doctors surgery although the 6 month check has been done via a phone call.
But never by the pharmacist, although I suppose it's possible for the pharmacist to call the surgery for advice etc.

Cheers Ian
Old 10th January 2018, 18:42   #6
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Harry there are major changes taking place in the management of regular prescriptions. They are seen as a transferable duty from the GP to a pharmacy as a way of devolving admin where the GPs can be gradually relieved of ever more NHS time consuming routine.

Many patients may not be aware that pharmacies are becoming much more independent of NHS control and exist in a commercial market – some even owned by not only foreign commercial concerns but as off-shoots of drug companies.

My local (insert name of major supermarket company here) is aggressively marketing its services in this respect by repeatedly and very strongly insisting (almost) on a transfer of authority declaration to be signed by the patient.

I’ve lost count of the number of times I have my bi-monthly prescription filled at my local (insert name of biggest UK supermarket here) to have the staff ‘remind’ me of ‘the new arrangements’ and had the form pushed at me. One pharmacist even called me into a private room for a consultation saying he was going to review my need for drug use! He didn't get very far.

On another occasion at the same (insert name etc) a member of staff actually placed a form, with pen thoughtfully laid across it, on the counter and said ‘Sign that, it just says I have spoken to you’.

Naturally I picked it up and read it and it was a direct authority to have my prescription sent to the pharmacy for completion without further reference to me! She actually lied to me! I have to conclude some of them, if not all, have targets.

Of course I wrote a polite letter to the supermarket manager but it must have been misfiled (probably in the circular filing cabinet) because I received no reply. To say I am experiencing a confidence prolapse with associated hypertension and hearing voices is possibly an understatement.
Old 10th January 2018, 20:45   #7
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

I must admit my pharmacist is very good. I do get called in for a chat (when picking up my prescription) every 12 months or so just to check that my doctor is doing her job monitoring me (she is). I have no problem with this and in fact am quite pleased that two separate people are looking after my interests (I am still a tax payer though and have "lots" of people to support!)
Neil
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 21:37   #8
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I don’t know when these reviews take place but I know I’ve never been present at any such review.
I just placed my repeat prescription in my GP’ s wooden box at reception yesterday. Prior to posting it I noted my review was due October 2017.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 21:40   #9
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I've never had a review as such, its all long term stuff I'm on. I think the only reason items drop off my list is the doc can only put on a certain number of repeats.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2018, 08:58   #10
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I just checked the form I got with the prescription I collected yesterday - it mentions how many more repeats I am allowed for each med, so I'm guessing each has a limited time to run before a review.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote