Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th March 2018, 07:48   #1
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Default Waiting for months on my Navall order. What to do?

Hi everybody,

(sorry if this in the wrong section Admins. I couldn't really find a proper section in the forum for posts like this. Feel free to move to the correct section.)

I have been trying to get the story below sorted with Sean (Radioguy) several times. But its getting nowhere. I'm posting this topic in here partly to ask for your advice on how to handle the matter, and also as a bit of consumer advice. I'm not saying Sean will treat all his customers this way (he does have a good reputation), but I'm sure you will agree that the story below is not the recipe for a happy customer.

It all started in september 2017, when I got an e-mail from Sean's webshop regarding the sale of used Navall units. One of them was a Navall Eclipse. After some e-mails, Sean confirmed he could get the full set of accessories. We also agreed on a price for the unit and all the accessories (dashcam, DVR, DAB+, DVB-T etc.etc.). So I transferred the 336.68 GBP to one "Tony Fry". Sean did tell me he had to order several of the parts from China and asked me if I was fine on waiting for them. I agreed that this was not a problem. The money was transffered 22-9-2017 via Paypal. Due to the amount of fees, Sean did ask me to pay as "Family and friends".

On 5-10 I asked if he had a clue on the shipping date. I wasn't in a rush, but I was being curious. I got the reply that the Chinese where not very quick and where having a holiday.

11-10 I asked if there was an update. Sean told me he had everything except the DVB. He asked me if I wanted it to be shipped to me with the remaining item on backorder.

On 25-11 I got the Navall unit, but it was missing a lot! No iGo SD card and several accessories missing. Almost everything was marked as "on backorder". The DVB-T, DAB+ where missing.
All I got was the unit, Bluetooth OBD2, a loom and the driving camera.

On 19-12 I asked for another update as I hadn't gotten any reply or update. The reply on 20-12 was that the bomb threat with DHL on 3-12 had caused a large shipment going missing. When the goods where found, they where sent with UPS to the new guy "Rob". But UPS lost it (??).

On 9-2 I asked for another update as there had been no word from Sean whatsoever about the situation. I felt 1.5 month should've been enough to get something sorted! The reply I got on 10-2 said Sean was still having trouble getting everything organized and if I could wait a little longer.
I did reply that things are getting a bit ridiculous. I have been waiting for months, and I have been very patient regarding the matter.

Today it is 5 months and 12 days since I paid for the order. So almost 6 months.
I totally understand that it sucks when the shipping company xxxxx up, and I am aware that they do this frequently. But it has taken many months to even get my order on its way to me (even though Sean told me he had everything apart from the DVB on 11-10). And after things gone missing, it is taking several months to get things sorted again. The SD card with iGo should only take a few minutes to sort. It should be a matter of copying the files onto an SD card and putting it into a bubble enveloppe.
The DVB and DAB+ might require more time to get sorted, but it is getting close to 3 months since it had to be sorted.

Obviously I'm getting a bit annoyed by the situation. And I have shown a lot of patience towards Sean. And I realize that things can go wrong sometimes. But waiting for 6 months for 3 small items is getting a bit ridiculous. And I'm not a very happy customer at this point.
I have tried to get this order finalized via e-mail several times. And have asked Sean on updates regarding the matter several times. In my last few e-mails I gently tried to express that this is getting a bit ridiculous. And I have been waiting with installing the unit because I don't like to take my dashboard apart several times. I'd prefer to do all the work in 1 go. So I have a Navall Eclipse in the closet, unused, that hasn't been installed in 6 months.

Some of my questions to you lot is:
1. Am I really being impatient? I don't feel I am.
2. Would you wait, or would you cancel the whole thing?
3. Do you feel there is anything I can do, apart from trying to remain patient.

Last edited by Simondi; 6th March 2018 at 07:54..
Supervinnie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 07:56   #2
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Personally i would be looking for a full refund. You have beehn far more patient than i would have been
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 11:05   #3
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

I have thought about this, but that would mean having to sent the set back somewhere. Which will be costly to ship. There is also the risk that I won't get any money back, and Paypal won't back me up because I paid as Family and Friends.
Old 6th March 2018, 11:19   #4
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
I have thought about this, but that would mean having to sent the set back somewhere. Which will be costly to ship. There is also the risk that I won't get any money back, and Paypal won't back me up because I paid as Family and Friends.
Hi Vinnie.
Send them back to Tony Fry, or at least contact him for a full refund.

If you have not read these threads yet I think you may need to, and you may well get some answers you are not alone on this.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ight=Radio+guy

Still open at the moment

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=277216

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 11:34   #5
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Ooh my... I hadn't expected that....
I haven't been very active on the forum lately, only checking in every now and then when I had a few minutes spare time. But I wasn't aware that things have turned into this.
Old 6th March 2018, 13:13   #6
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Another a usually, unfortunately...I hope you get this sorted sooner rather then later.

No business should ever be asking customers to pay by family and friends...

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 13:57   #7
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hi Vinnie,

I have forwarded this onto Sean and I do hope he gets in contact with you soon to resolve this.
Old 6th March 2018, 15:11   #8
Supervinnie40

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Thanks Jeff. I kinda stopped sending Sean e-mails as they haven't really lead to any true solutions. Sean has sent me an e-mail to discuss the matter again.

Without being anrgy or dissapointed, I am curious what is going on. I know things can take a little longer with Sean sometimes. But I am not used to the stuff I am reading on the forum. Slightly makes my worry that there could be something wrong with him. Maybe health problems?
Old 6th March 2018, 17:36   #9
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

It does pay to read the boards Vinnie. Hope you have a satisfactory result.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 17:47   #10
gazcaz

MG ZT

Cool

I know he has stock so very strange ?

234th of 2,834 Trophy Blue ZT 190 + Saloons Produced
14th of 27 MG ZTs Produced on 27-09-2001
gazcaz is offline   Reply With Quote