Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th August 2011, 12:58   #1
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

Default Sat nav current position wrong.

Hi guys.

Needed to use my Sat nav this morning, but it seems to have me located miles away from where I actually am.

Went to Thame , and it said I was in Brackley, in the middle of nowwhere. ( not on a road)

Currently at home in Bicester, it has me just outside Aylesbury.

Any one help me out with what I've broke, and if it can be fixed please?

Ta

Ben
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 14:52   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Hi Ben,

It may be a classic case of "Sharks Fin Tourer Sat Nav Antenna Failure"

Take a read of this thread

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=37312

If you want to go into the service mode to check things more carefully here's how:

Service mode High line navigation
Service mode is entered by selecting 'SET' on the menu screen and pressing and holding the 'MENU' button for eight seconds. This will display a 'Service mode' menu screen.

Sensor test
Select 'SENSOR CHECK' from the Service Mode menu using the rotary control and press to select. The sensor check screen will be displayed. This screen provides a visual check that all input sensors are operating. The following sensor status is displayed and can be selected using the rotary control to highlight and select the required status:

GYRO: The navigation computer has a Gyro sensor which determines changes of vehicle direction. When the vehicle is driving in a straight line the value shown should remain almost constant. When the vehicle turns to the left the value should decrease and when the vehicle turns to the right the value should increase. The amount of increase or decrease depends on the tightness of the turn.

SP L:/R: Wheel speed sensors used by the ABS system calculate the vehicle speed. When the vehicle is stationary the wheel speed sensor L:/R: fields will show zero. When the car is driven the values should increase in proportion to the vehicle speed. When the vehicle is driven in a straight line, the values should be similar.

DIRECTION A direction sensor determines whether the vehicle is travelling forward or backward. With the vehicle in any forward gear or neutral or 'park' for automatic transmission, the display will show 'FWD'. When reverse gear is engaged the display should show 'BWD'.

GPS The GPS System check displays the number of satellites displayed and the GPS system status. The status is displayed as 01 to 04 and are as follows:

01 (GPS Error) There is a communication error between the GPS receiver and the navigation computer.

02 (Satellite Search) The system is searching for satellites and may indicate a failure of the GPS system. Ensure that the GPS antenna is not covered and check harness connections between the GPS receiver and the antenna.

03 (Satellite Contact) The system is tracking a number of satellites. This message shows that the system is functioning correctly, but there is not enough information to determine the vehicle position. Check that the GPS antenna is not covered in any way. It may take several minutes for the GPS system to locate enough satellites to determine the vehicle position.

04 (Position Known) The system is tracking a number of satellites and has a current fix on the vehicle position. This shows that the system is functioning correctly. Select the return icon using the rotary control and press to select. This will exit the sensor check screen and the
Service Mode menu will appear.

GPS
Select 'GPS' from the Service Mode menu using the rotary control and press to select. The GPS menu has three menu selections available: 'VERSION', 'STATUS' and 'TRACKING INFO'. Use the rotary control to highlight the required menu and press to select.

The 'GPS-VERSION menu will display the following information:
SW VERS: The GPS receiver version number is displayed.
SW DATE: The software date is displayed.
Select the return icon using the rotary control and press to select.

This will exit the GPS Version screen and the GPS menu will appear.
The 'GPS-STATUS' menu will display the following information:
LAT: The current vehicle latitude position is displayed.
LNG: The current vehicle longitude position is displayed.
ALT: The current vehicle altitude is displayed.
DATE: The current date is displayed i.e. 10/02/99.
HEADING: The current vehicle heading is displayed i.e. 150.1°.
G-SPEED: The vehicle speed is displayed i.e. 12.5 m/s.
REC-STAT: The receiver status is displayed. The receiver status will display one of the following messages:

COMERR This denotes that there is a communication error between the GPS receiver and the navigation computer.

SEARCH The system is searching for satellites. This may be a failure of the GPS system. Ensure that the GPS antenna is not covered in any way and check harness connections between the GPS receiver and the GPS antenna.

TRK The system is tracking a number of satellites. The Pos-Src will display the number of satellites the GPS system can see. This message shows that the system is functioning correctly, but there is not enough information to determine the vehicle position. Check that the GPS antenna is not covered in any way. It may take several minutes for the GPS system to locate enough satellites to determine the vehicle position.

POS The system is tracking a number of satellites and has a current fix on the vehicle position. This shows that the system is functioning correctly. The Pos-Src will display the type of position fix (2D or 3D) and the number of satellites the GPS system can see.

TIME: The current time is displayed i.e. 09:12.52.

POS-SRC: The position source is displayed i.e. 150.1°.

PDOP:/HDOP:/VDOP: Three figures are displayed which give the position (P), horizontal (H) and vertical (V) dilution of precision (DOP). This shows the accuracy of the GPS tracking with the lower figure showing a higher accuracy rating.

Select the return icon using the rotary control and press to select. This will exit the GPS status screen and the GPS menu will appear.

The 'GPS-TRACKING INFO' menu will display the following information:
VISIBLE SAT: The display will show the number of visible satellites.
ALMANAC: The display will show 'YES' or 'NO' to show if almanac data is being received.
CH PRN S/N: This display shows the satellite being tracked on each channel and the signal level. The channels correspond to the number of satellites currently visible.

Select the return icon using the rotary control and press to select. This will exit the GPS tracking screen and the GPS menu will appear. Highlighting the return icon and pressing the rotary control will exit the GPS menu and the Service Mode menu will appear.

Service Mode is exited by highlighting the return icon and pressing the rotary control.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2011, 09:39   #3
Typhoon190
This is my second home

Thanks for that info Paul. It looks like my car is completely lost.
Old 23rd August 2011, 19:15   #4
JB Tourer
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer, MG ZT-T V8, MG ZTV8

Default Tourer sat nav

This is exactly what happened to mine. A new sharks fin on the roof fixed it. Hope its as straight forward for you.
JB Tourer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 19:30   #5
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

>>>Currently at home in Bicester, it has me just outside Aylesbury<<<

How you know your in Bicester? fact is, you ain't! You might be Just outside Aylesbury. sat navs don't lie innit... lmho...

I'm in Cornwall. I know coz when my friend got back she parked my car outside and I turned the the Sat nav on, and it shows my cars in Cornwall innit.. Fings ain't always what the appear to be, or where, it seems... lol...

I also noted it said "max speed reached" Ho hum... I reset that!!!!!
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 22:09   #6
Typhoon190
This is my second home

New fin ariel fitted today. Still not working.

Is it correct that only the blue connector is used?

Perhaps I need a new bracket, as the 3 pads looked a little white. Tried to clean them off, but . . .

So frustrating.
Old 17th September 2011, 22:21   #7
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

One of the connectors is for a mobile phone antenna, the other for the sat nav.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2011, 22:23   #8
Typhoon190
This is my second home

Ta Paul.
Old 22nd September 2011, 19:42   #9
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Sharks fin

JB TOURER: Where did you get your sharks fin from? Do you have a pic of it fitted please?
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote