Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd March 2016, 21:44   #21
129c
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhouse.family View Post
if you don't want to hear both sides of a story, (presume this refers to thread where some thought price as good and others thought over priced) don't put it on a forum. A forum in my book is for discussion and exchange of views. i would suggest both sets of views were quite valid and put quite reasonably. To sum up. If you don't want discussion on your car, sell elsewhere.

Michael
Totally agree but the OP has got himself all in a tizzy over this for some reason and writing things such as "is it perhaps to compensate for some personal shortcoming?" Is not really acceptable and certainly not constructive.

But then again, this is an open forum and he is fully entitled to his opinions.
Old 2nd March 2016, 21:51   #22
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
I know that Rover ownership is not what it once was - I guess very few of us drive one to the village green with a beautiful memsahib in the passenger seat for a game of Sunday afternoon cricket and cream teas.
It certainly isn't what it once was - Mrs Noc, the Memsaab, prefers to be chauffeured to the club on Sundays for a chota peg or two.

The good news is that it's me on the chota pegs though with tonic water for her as she drives back.
Old 2nd March 2016, 21:54   #23
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Totally agree.
If you are not interested in buying a car, which a member is selling, why is it acceptable to criticize the sale? If you are interested in buying and think it is over priced then PM the seller with an offer.
Unfortunately acceptable standards of behaviour have gone out of the window with the growth of social media. People can sit at the keyboard and give views which in the majority of cases they would not do face to face.
Tell it like it is. Facebook has managed to make insulting people, or anything to do with a person, de rigur. a people will say on social media what they would not say to your face. a symptom of to day's society. Ashamed really. I will now wash my mouth out.
Old 2nd March 2016, 21:54   #24
andymc
Posted a thing or two

Wedgewood Connie SE / Black Club SE

The sort of comments in the For Sale thread encapsulate exactly why I am unlikely to try and sell one of my cars here but opt for a free ad on Gumtree instead.

One of the key benefits of paying a subscription is supposed to be that you can advertise your car for sale here - indeed, it's often highlighted to people querying as to why they should join. However there's little point in doing so if people are allowed to dump all over the ad and talk down the vehicle itself and/or the price. If certain folk don't like the car or think it's priced too high, they aren't obliged to buy it - in which case, it's literally none of their business and they should stick their neb elsewhere.

I'm not saying that no comments should allowed on For Sale threads, but this is one of the few instances where I think that negative comments should not be permitted. Are we a club? If so, we're supposed to be helping one another, not making things more difficult than they have to be.
A Nigerian mother of three
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:00   #25
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 129c View Post
Totally agree but the OP has got himself all in a tizzy over this for some reason and writing things such as "is it perhaps to compensate for some personal shortcoming?" Is not really acceptable and certainly not constructive.

How tedious. The usual suspects making this place less pleasant as always.

The OP is indeed entitled to his opinions. It is a shame he feels that all of us are entitled to them too, and as usual does so loudly, offensively and dismissively. Perhaps you too should wet your pants and 'alert the mods'....

Frankly this is a classic case of someone looking to take offense. You posted a comment that the car was a good car but overpriced. Well rather than taking that as a negative, here is something new to think of between moments being rude to people :

Perhaps the comment on the price was constructive,and it will improve the sellers chance of moving the car.

The implication of this is that the OP always sees the worst in peoples motives and assumes it was a derogatory swipe at the seller. Which says more about them and how they think than anything else.

This whole thread is unpleasant and un necessary and serves no purpose.

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
BMW MK4 satnav, clock mod, BT ulf, 16:9 screen & TV
upgraded BM54 + BT Aux-in
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Spyhole +Jules plenum shield
PPD - badges,rear plinth, carpeted heater panels, anchor bolts, reflectors
Walnut Dash, handbrake+gearshift
Twin Horns
Drivers cupholder
HK Speakers
Chrome bullet mirrors
Digital speedo
LED interior bulbs
Resler interface
USB charging sockets x2
Old 2nd March 2016, 22:09   #26
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Well said awvc1, I can't take this thread seriously as the title makes clear, it's just out to cause a ruck. Ironic really, as the threads in which the price comments were made seemed all very friendly.
Old 3rd March 2016, 06:27   #27
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

For those interested here is a list of recent "for sale" threads where, if another member just had to give feedback on the seller's asking price, it would have been more appropriate and constructive given via PM.

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=238665

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=237244

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=238810

Of course this is just a few of many such threads.

Old 3rd March 2016, 06:37   #28
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Totally agree.
If you are not interested in buying a car, which a member is selling, why is it acceptable to criticize the sale? If you are interested in buying and think it is over priced then PM the seller with an offer.
Unfortunately acceptable standards of behaviour have gone out of the window with the growth of social media. People can sit at the keyboard and give views which in the majority of cases they would not do face to face.
You've hit the nail on the head.

Read Carlo Strenger's "The Fear Of Insignificance" for an in-depth examination of this phenomenon.

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.
Old 3rd March 2016, 06:44   #29
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

I do not think it is acceptable to criticize the sale of another members car, but it does happen and can halt a possible sale in it`s tracks.
It is not just car sale section, you get members that criticize on engines, wheels, tyres, add-ons and colours Etc. There has to be something wrong in their little heads.
Ken.
Old 3rd March 2016, 07:34   #30
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 129c View Post

Good point, that comment is a little provocative,not yours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I do not think it is acceptable to criticize the sale of another members car, but it does happen and can halt a possible sale in it`s tracks.
It is not just car sale section, you get members that criticize on engines, wheels, tyres, add-ons and colours Etc. There has to be something wrong in their little heads.
Ken.
That will happen in all walks of life,be it car forums, social media sites,everywhere