Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 4th March 2016, 16:25   #221
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

he is certainly in a rather remote place! Very nice though

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
BMW MK4 satnav, clock mod, BT ulf, 16:9 screen & TV
upgraded BM54 + BT Aux-in
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Spyhole +Jules plenum shield
PPD - badges,rear plinth, carpeted heater panels, anchor bolts, reflectors
Walnut Dash, handbrake+gearshift
Twin Horns
Drivers cupholder
HK Speakers
Chrome bullet mirrors
Digital speedo
LED interior bulbs
Resler interface
USB charging sockets x2
awvc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2016, 16:52   #222
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

This is a better view of the boot now I've sorted it out, and had a play with getting the nets right. I've taken out the aftermarket net, and put in both OEM ones:

Note the better pic of the wheel chocks picked up yesterday courtesy of Tom (thanks again mate) , and both nets properly fitted.

Now at this point I'd like to make a comment to fill in a gap in knowledge I've found on here regarding fitting of boot nets.

Many people seem to have issues with boot nets and it seems a bit grey in terms of the fitment for saloons, and whether or not both will fit with a saloon and an HK sub particularly.

Stated simply - they fit in saloons, with or without HK Subs, no difference at all, and BOTH nets are fine.

For the saloon, you should get 2 nets in a pack. One is the larger folded one that goes in right by the entrance to the boot at the floor near the boot slam panel. This one has 2 loops on it, and the net is folded in on itself to make a pocket. There are 2 screw clips, and each one goes to the side a little bit of each respective rear light hatch/rear light cutout area. You just need to remove the existing trim clip and put these in instead.

They have T pieces on the end of them and your loop ends on the net go over these. Your net will now hang down to the boot floor and you can pop stuff in. You will also find these hold in your rear liner much much better, although they require a bit of force to bite in when fitting them.

The second net is a hammock style, and is slightly smaller. it has 4 loops on it. two go in the holes in the metal at the top leading edge of the boot entrance. look inside the boot , and look right at the corners and up on the inside, you can't miss the little bit of metal welded on which has the holes you can clip onto. So that's the back two clips.

The other two go on right at the front of the boot area, just above the gap where the top of seat is visible:

Labouring the point, but this is what seemed to be uncommented on in general on here from what I could find. Further apologies will be made if someone digs out a post i missed saying precisely that.

Additionally, it is worth pointing out that this hammock net will hold lighter items mostly, and has less capacity, but more importantly - it DOESN'T matter if you have the HK sub. I do, and you can fit it afterwards and it hangs below it fine - it is very very easily done, without pulling your sub out as some people have stated may be required. 2 min job, no screwdrivers required.

I'm happy now Hope this info isn't just waffle and helps someone somewhere one day.

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Twin Horns
Drivers cupholder
HK Speakers
Chrome bullet mirrors
Digital speedo
LED interior bulbs
Resler interface
USB charging sockets x2
Old 4th March 2016, 17:35   #223
Bolin
This is my second home

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE 4dr manual Wedgewood Blue 2 04-05/06/2001

Yep, the parcel shelf net does fit OK with the HK sub as you and I have both found - can't be many cars with both the net and the sub

The salesman's guide to selling the OEM dealer accessories (AKM702) says this:
Quote:
"The luggage net which attaches under the parcel shelf can not be fitted where the Harman Kardon ICE option has been choosen as the sub-woofer obstructs usage."
But as can be seen in the photo above, it just stretches over the ends of the sub, and it does hold stuff and is useful - OK it can't hold as much stuff as if the sub wasn't there, but it is still a useful net to have. I think Rover got their advice wrong on this, as you and I have both found

I'm impressed you fitted it without removing the sub, I thought it would have to come out to fit the net but you have proved is doesn't - I think in my case I already had the net fitted and then added the sub later.
"...the new Rover 75, which is a fabulous car......I think it looks fabulous....It's like sitting in a Rolls Royce......For me, this is the star of the show.....it looks so good" - J. Clarkson, motoring journalist on the launch of the Rover 75 in 1998.
Bolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 08:36   #224
chambl01
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by awvc1 View Post
This is a better view of the boot now I've sorted it out, and had a play with getting the nets right. I've taken out the aftermarket net, and put in both OEM ones:

Note the better pic of the wheel chocks picked up yesterday courtesy of Tom (thanks again mate) , and both nets properly fitted.

Now at this point I'd like to make a comment to fill in a gap in knowledge I've found on here regarding fitting of boot nets.

Many people seem to have issues with boot nets and it seems a bit grey in terms of the fitment for saloons, and whether or not both will fit with a saloon and an HK sub particularly.

Stated simply - they fit in saloons, with or without HK Subs, no difference at all, and BOTH nets are fine.

For the saloon, you should get 2 nets in a pack. One is the larger folded one that goes in right by the entrance to the boot at the floor near the boot slam panel. This one has 2 loops on it, and the net is folded in on itself to make a pocket. There are 2 screw clips, and each one goes to the side a little bit of each respective rear light hatch/rear light cutout area. You just need to remove the existing trim clip and put these in instead.

They have T pieces on the end of them and your loop ends on the net go over these. Your net will now hang down to the boot floor and you can pop stuff in. You will also find these hold in your rear liner much much better, although they require a bit of force to bite in when fitting them.

The second net is a hammock style, and is slightly smaller. it has 4 loops on it. two go in the holes in the metal at the top leading edge of the boot entrance. look inside the boot , and look right at the corners and up on the inside, you can't miss the little bit of metal welded on which has the holes you can clip onto. So that's the back two clips.

The other two go on right at the front of the boot area, just above the gap where the top of seat is visible:

Labouring the point, but this is what seemed to be uncommented on in general on here from what I could find. Further apologies will be made if someone digs out a post i missed saying precisely that.

Additionally, it is worth pointing out that this hammock net will hold lighter items mostly, and has less capacity, but more importantly - it DOESN'T matter if you have the HK sub. I do, and you can fit it afterwards and it hangs below it fine - it is very very easily done, without pulling your sub out as some people have stated may be required. 2 min job, no screwdrivers required.

I'm happy now Hope this info isn't just waffle and helps someone somewhere one day.
Looking good mate. Where did you get the boot liner from. Are they available online or were they manufactured with the car.
chambl01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 19:51   #225
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

thank you! the boot liners were a very rare oem item, i got this one from a trader on here who breaks cars, he gets what he gets, it is dependant on stock unfortunately. You do see them around, but I know of no one who sells them now I'm sorry to say.

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Twin Horns
Drivers cupholder
HK Speakers
Chrome bullet mirrors
Digital speedo
LED interior bulbs
Resler interface
USB charging sockets x2
Old 5th March 2016, 20:07   #226
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

one of the things I like about doing all this work on the cars is the places and people I've encountered that I would not have otherwise.

Today I had a 'little' trip to Colwyn Bay, North Wales to collect something a bit too large to courier - an official OEM Roof box.

I saw the item on ebay so put in a bid and arranged to visit the sellers to collect today. 260 miles each way, maybe i'm crazy, but it was lovely to have some time to myself in my car, and the sellers were a really pleasant couple. I believe it turns out they are friends of Jules too.

After a 630 start, i headed off and arrived at 11am ish. I had a problem with my satnav going wrong half way which was a bit troubling, suddenly the sat nav was insisting I should turn off the motorway just outside of birmingham. perhaps the car wanted to visit its old home...

Anyway, the phone maps app acted a suitable backup, as the sensor check on the hiline showed a gps error. So when I had a break, stopping the car and turning it on and off seemed to fix it - age old IT workers trick often works!

When i got to Colwyn Bay, which was a lovely neck of the woods, the box was quickly popped on the top of the car:

Although no day out for me would be complete without a tiny bit more drama.

The roof mounts where it fits into the top of the car rails would not secure as the key didn't fit.

This part of the rail is just a plastic end cap, and pulls off, and underneath is a security locking mechanism:

the key for it is not the main key for the box, it is a separate key, and the seller didn't have it. I really thought I'd have to turn around and go home empty handed for a horribly long time, but fortunately, they managed to find the keys, and we locked the end caps into position. Everything was fine.

They really were a very nice couple to talk to, and it was a pleasure to visit them and their lovely town. It was only a shame I didn't have long there, and pretty much turned around and came back.

All in all a successful and nice day out.

I'm looking forward to taking my family away more now we have the space to carry more.

more pics will follow when it has been cleaned up a bit. Lord knows my car needs a good clean after that trip!

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Twin Horns
Drivers cupholder
HK Speakers
Chrome bullet mirrors
Digital speedo
LED interior bulbs
Resler interface
USB charging sockets x2
Old 5th March 2016, 20:38   #227
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

All looking good Tony. You sure you want to keep the Serpent wheels ?
JohnH.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2016, 20:39   #228
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by John H View Post
All looking good Tony. You sure you want to keep the Serpent wheels ?
JohnH.
lol. I will let you know if i reconsider them sure Just don't hold your breath mate hehe

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Twin Horns
Drivers cupholder
HK Speakers
Chrome bullet mirrors
Digital speedo
LED interior bulbs
Resler interface
USB charging sockets x2
Old 6th March 2016, 06:32   #229
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

looks like you've ticked eveything on the 'options list' from new tony
what's next on the list?
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2016, 06:40   #230
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

lol not even close to everything i'm sure plenty of others will be queueing to tell you - but I admit, i've got all the ones I want for sure. This is a practicality like I say, I was hoping to go away a bit more this year.

Best fire up the DA, that top lid looks like it needs some attention

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key