Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th March 2016, 16:31   #41
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Goody View Post
As someone who has had 3 X 75/ZTs over the last 15 years all immaculate and have only changed to a higher vehicle due to my wifes disability I think some of you should get a life! If you think the be all and end all of life and having no dings in the side of your car is so important that you should irritate and make life difficult for others so your 10-15 year old vehicle looks perfect is a sad thing.
I am afraid the odd scratch or ding is a pain but "Live with it" it happens.
I was brought up to respect cars. They were a luxury, not a tool to be used and abused. I take a pride in my personal appearance and that of my car. It may be old but it's mine. I have a life and also accept that accidents can and do happen. What annoys me is when people are careless enough to damage my car. I've had a woman dump her fully laden shopping bag on my bonnet whilst she searched for her keys. She then dragged it off the bonnet, leaving me with a lot of T Cutting and polishing to do! I did pass the time of day with her of course!
Old 9th March 2016, 16:34   #42
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR190 View Post
You probably don't give 2 hoots about your mobility chariot as it's not owned by you but alot of us on here own our cars and take pride in what we own.
I think there's a line. You can like your car but not got too worried about stuff happens to it. Best not to worry too much you'll end up stressed with nothing to show for it.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 17:15   #43
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

i think its more about this - if you have a laissez-faire attitude to your vehicle, or if you are uptight about the slightest nick on it, it matters not one bit - its about the lack of respect shown to you and your property by someone else that is the unpleasant part. Nothing to do with having or not having a life as I see it. Its more to do with how you feel about relating towards the less considerate members of your local area.

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
BMW MK4 satnav, clock mod, BT ulf, 16:9 screen & TV
upgraded BM54 + BT Aux-in
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Spyhole +Jules plenum shield
PPD - badges,rear plinth, carpeted heater panels, anchor bolts, reflectors
Walnut Dash, handbrake+gearshift
Twin Horns
Drivers cupholder
HK Speakers
Chrome bullet mirrors
Digital speedo
LED interior bulbs
Resler interface
USB charging sockets x2
awvc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 17:22   #44
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

I tend to park away fron the crowds where possible.

The sad reality is that a small but rapidly growing proportion of the population do not care about other peolpes property.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 17:59   #45
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR190 View Post
There is nothing sad in pride of ownership dave and I find your comment quite offensive. I could rant on all day about the lack of care shown by blue badge owners when parking but I won't as I have a bit more tact than that.

Disabled or not, catch you dinging my car, expect a nice bill on your door matt with the cost of repairing the damage.

You probably don't give 2 hoots about your mobility chariot as it's not owned by you but alot of us on here own our cars and take pride in what we own.
I dont have a mobility chariot [your apology accepted] I paid £10 grand for my replacement for my ZT. I loved my 75/ZTs but had no choice but to change as my wife could not get out of it! It has to be worth more than yours but I can accept that damage does occur to vehicles. Please note MR 190 will not apologise for his post. And if you ding my car I will not be happy but I will not take up 2 parking spaces just to ensure this doesn't happen. As I said, "get a life!" A car worth a grand with a ding in the door is still worth a grand. I have found that there are slightly more important things in life!

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 18:34   #46
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

I am fortunate? to have a disabled badge for my wife. Dropped her off by door to tescos,looked for disabled bay none, drove into parent/child bay.Young woman drove up. " i hope you have children". Replied yes 45yr old girl and a 40yr old boy.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 18:34   #47
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

You got that straight dave, I'll never apologise for having an opinion.
Si-monogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 18:41   #48
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

And to be honest dave, I think you're on the wrong forum if you think that people who care for cars should get a life. This is an enthusiasts forum, we are enthusiastic about our cars, our prides and joy and the tools to keep us mobile. Your x trail clearly means way less to you than our cars do to us. And you paid £10k for an x trail? Saw you coming didn't they!
Old 9th March 2016, 18:47   #49
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

I think this forum can cover alot of people, you don't have to think a certain way to be on here. You'll always get a fair few views on a forum even on a themed one like this.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2016, 18:49   #50
Si-monogram
Banned

I actually am staggered that someone has the barefaced cheek to be on an enthusiasts forum and suggest members who take pride in ownership get a life!!!!