Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st May 2016, 19:48   #181
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Friday John was good enough to help me fit a subwoofer. i had two options to try - the spare HK sub plus amp i had, same as my Gold car, or an aftermarket FLI trap - a 12 inch 1200watt powered subwoofer.

So of course we went for the 12 inch sub.

Fitted the power wiring via a different route to that i used on my Gold car - across from the battery over to the drivers side and in through the grommet above the pedal box. John had a nice method whereby he fed the wire down off the battery, via the wheel arch liner and through the plenum and into the cabin on the passenger side of the car. Very neat, and a lot less wire used.

End result was a very very powerful bass sound indeed. I'm happy enough with that result. A FLI trap is probably considered budget end of the subwoofer market, but i'm happy with the combination of this and the HK door speakers. I just wish I could stop the door cards vibrating!

Also , courtesy of Tom Holland314, I had a new boot board to fit. Somewhat quicker job fortunately! Thanks to both Tom and John.

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
BMW MK4 satnav, clock mod, BT ulf, 16:9 screen & TV
upgraded BM54 + BT Aux-in
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Spyhole +Jules plenum shield
PPD - badges,rear plinth, carpeted heater panels, anchor bolts, reflectors
Walnut Dash, handbrake+gearshift
Twin Horns
Drivers cupholder
HK Speakers
Chrome bullet mirrors
Digital speedo
LED interior bulbs
Resler interface
USB charging sockets x2
awvc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 19:53   #182
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by awvc1 View Post
Friday John was good enough to help me fit a subwoofer. i had two options to try - the spare HK sub plus amp i had, same as my Gold car, or an aftermarket FLI trap - a 12 inch 1200watt powered subwoofer.

Fitted the power wiring via a different route to that i used on my Gold car - across from the battery over to the drivers side and in through the grommet above the pedal box. John had a nice method whereby he fed the wire down off the battery, via the wheel arch liner and through the plenum and into the cabin on the passenger side of the car. Very neat, and a lot less wire used.

End result was a very very powerful bass sound indeed. I'm happy enough with that result. A FLI trap is probably considered budget end of the subwoofer market, but i'm happy with the combination of this and the HK door speakers. I just wish I could stop the door cards vibrating!

Also , courtesy of Tom Holland314, I had a new boot board to fit. Somewhat quicker job fortunately! Thanks to both Tom and John.
and when you phoned me,i couldn't hear you for the boom boom boom boom
steve1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 21:08   #183
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Can't beat a bit of bass
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 21:34   #184
ORO
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Wow, this car is getting mint! Now that your on purely aesthetic stuff it must be getting quite fun!
ORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 21:53   #185
awvc1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORO View Post
Wow, this car is getting mint! Now that your on purely aesthetic stuff it must be getting quite fun!
It has been a long road frankly, and not a fun one in many ways. But now i'm at this point, yes it is nice to be able to enjoy the car more.

Mods:

FBH
Revotec Fan
Inline 'stat
Xenon lights + washers
BMW MK4 satnav, clock mod, BT ulf, 16:9 screen & TV
upgraded BM54 + BT Aux-in
Miracast box
Glasses holder
Flip Key
Spyhole +Jules plenum shield
PPD - badges,rear plinth, carpeted heater panels, anchor bolts, reflectors
Walnut Dash, handbrake+gearshift
Twin Horns
Drivers cupholder
HK Speakers
Chrome bullet mirrors
Digital speedo
LED interior bulbs
Resler interface
USB charging sockets x2
awvc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2016, 22:47   #186
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by awvc1 View Post

I feel a sub contest on the way, I guess that if Tony had not heard my set-up, the prospect of getting a budget sub may have been out of the question, but Tony was impressed with my well abused fli, and I found him a bargain !

Always a pleasure Tony, the abuse is fantastic (Verbal only) the offensive phraseology cannot be beaten, and the sheer enjoyment of laughs as well as progress makes each visit great, and I will continue to assist in further brain damage to you as possible, and assist in further requests as they become known, but my trousers will remain on at all times, No toilet traders in my village !
Cheers JohnH

Last edited by RogerHeinz57; 1st May 2016 at 22:48.. Reason: spelling gaff
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 15:30   #187
RogerHeinz57
I really should get out more.......

A Reasonably Priced Car

Thanked 1,064 Times in 712 Posts

Happy to announce the good news from Tony this afternoon, Dorchester has a new MOT today, with no advisories. Tony and many others have been working on this lovely beast to keep a beautiful piece of Rover history running and on the road !
Well done mate, and looking forward to seeing the beast soon.
RogerHeinz57 is offline   Reply With Quote