Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2016, 22:27   #1
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts
Default My Rover Vitesse thread

I hope you dont mind me posting this on here. I have put some pictures up before of my newly purchased vitesse but I thought Id do a progress thread as even though this is a 75 club Im sure you wont begrudge me putting this here.

I will be posting hopefully regularly with updates. My 75 only needs a couple of bits which I will put into the 75 thread I have up here.

I actually bought the car on the 6th December and got it picked up by a great forum member on here SonicZS.

He loaded the car onto the trailer and said goodbye.

We turned left as we thought he wouldnt make it round the roads but he went right.

We got onto the A38 and I was doing the national speed limit and after 10 minutes we thought that we had better pull over. We then got a phone call. While we were waiting he was by South Brent which is about 7 miles closer to my house.

Panic struck in and we set back on the A38 in hunt of a big Rover on the back of a trailer.

We finally caught him up about mile from the sliproad we have to take.

The car was pulled off the trailer and put into the Garage.

I took some pictures which most have seen.

At home

tucked away

Me trying to be arty

The garage is quite a nice size

Miliage shot

Interior

This looks a little different now

Just shows how well appointed these wonderful cars are. The thought into putting Rover into the wood.

The only picture of my 2 Rovers together. Ill have to find a way of getting both together somewhere.

A few days passed and I went out to the garage and had a rummage as you do. I had an air filter in the boot as a spare so i thought id just see if it needed changing.

I stuck a new one in as it was there

I also stuck the numberplates on to make it more MOTable

Well a couple of weeks passed and I thought that the car would not be getting MOTd till atleast February of this year.

Well I checked my wages on the thursday before payday and to my surprise I had quite a good month wages wise.

I booked the car in for an MOT as a test(just so I knew what to tinker with over christmas)

I also had to find insurance and Adrian Flux came up good again.

I drove the car gingerly to the MOT station and half way there It started to vibrate which was the brakes binding.

I nursed the car to the station and then went around town and caught a Taxi home.

The MOT was due at 11am and I thought 12.15pm I would have a phone call with a list as long as my arm. Well that time went and so did 1pm just after 2pm I got a phone call.

Its all done.
I says whats wrong with it.
They say its a bloomin lovely car. They freed off the brakes and the car passed with flying colours.

Not 1 advisory either.

I was very happy with this and I bought the tax and then also phoned up Burtonpower.

They had the boost gauge I wanted. My dad has always fitted boost gauges in turbod cars as it shows if its overboosting(And it also looks good when the needle goes round)

Me being the tight person I am I paid for cheapo postage. I get a phone call back saying that it would not be here by christmas but they would upgrade the postage for no extra cost.

I got it on the tuesday before christmas.

fitting kit

I also had a rover 800 club sticker come through so fitted that aswell

I like the 800 forum but it doesnt have much traffic through unfortunately.

I filled up with super unleaded then had a little drive.
I got the miliage to 33500

I also (well my dad) fitted the boost gauge and we went out and tested it worked

I then took the car to a local tyre place and they balanced all the wheels and did my tracking for me.

I have not been able to drive the car for a little while as I had an operation but yesterday i went out and got a few quick pictures in a not great location

I then had to go back to work today and after work we went out and got some more pictures

When I get paid this month the car is having the cambelt,tensioner,waterpump,thermostat,aux belt and coolant change.

Thats all at the moment and I am sorry its such a long post. The add ons will be shorter im sure.

Thanks for reading Thomas
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:02   #2
wullie480
This is my second home

Thanked 1,022 Times in 786 Posts

Absolutely stunning looking motor.
I've not seen one in donkeys years around here.
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:07   #3
Roverandover
Loves to post

MG

That looks in mint condition!

My father had three back in the day. All the older shape
2 were 820's and the last was a vitesse with the 2.7 Honda engine. I remember it being pretty quick for a big car.
Roverandover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:15   #4
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

The 800 was a very underrated car. I ran one of the very first as a tester before my company would buy a load of them, and liked it so much that I ultimately bought it off the Co and ran it for some years. In 2000 I bought another and ran it until 2013, when I let it go as I was not using it. The only time it let me down was an alternator, on holiday in Cornwall, otherwise no problem. I sold it to some mates who needed a car for less than £500 to do a charity run to the south of France and back in 4 days. It did this with no problems (over 2000 miles), and I have a picture of it on the front in Monte Carlo, between two Rolls Royces! They even bothered to lock it up, as if anyone would have stolen it there!

Should have kept it!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:39   #5
The_irish_rover
Loves to post

Rover 75

Stunning car!
2000 Rover 75 Club SE 2.0 Auto. Previously owned by Grandy, then Wraymond. Mods include, blue LED interior lighting, "marmite" under door handle lighting, power folds & Naval 1 head unit with Kenwood sub. Since buying the car I've retro fitted an electric sunblind & converted the manual cloth seats to leather.
The_irish_rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2016, 23:54   #6
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

What a beautiful car this is, great news about the MOT............enjoy!
Thanks for sharing.

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 04:02   #7
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

A beauty. Hope you enjoy it for many years to come.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2016, 06:13   #8
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Superb car. Great find.
I miss both of my 800's and as usual should never have sold them as there was nothing wrong with them. Keep us updated.
Old 4th January 2016, 07:56   #9
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

What a cracking car you have there Thomas and a brilliant thread that you've shared with us all.
Well done to you buddy.
Old 4th January 2016, 08:29   #10
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Gorgeous! Excellent build quality on that era (as you will find).

Enjoy,

Mike