Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th February 2016, 17:44   #1
Gedget75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Beware of steve1975 (BAD FEEDBACK)

The point of this topic is to alert members to avoid future deals with this member. I'll explain my BAD experience with this member: steve1975.

I've bought and payed for some items that I needed for my Rover 75, back in 6 December 2015. Time has passed, and I didn't received anything until today.

Beside the fact I was always trying to contact him to know what's going on, only a few of my PM's got a reply. Only excuses were given, like not having access to internet, family deaths, etc.

The funny thing is that he was still active on this forum...

Hopefully, the payment was made via PayPal, using the payment for goods and services (beside the fact that he tempted me to send it as a gift...), so considering the fact that so much time has passed since I made the payment, I started to be worried (which I think is normal), so I decided to open a dispute via PayPal, to try to reach an agreement.

Then I started to get messages again from this member, like why did I opened a dispute, that I should understand what has passed with him, etc etc.

I just informed that I payed for my items, and at the end of the day I just wanted them. I can understand that sometimes bad things can happen, but c'mon... I payed in December, more than 2 months have passed and he didn't had one hour to post my items?!

He tempted me to close the dispute, since he needed the money for hospital treatments (another excuse), which I answered that it would only happen once I got the items in my hand.

I got informed then that the items were already collected, and that I should be receiving them soon. Waited 2 weeks more, and nothing showed up (posting items to Portugal takes no more than 1 week to arrive - considering all the time I've spent already, I even gave more 2 weeks to the seller). As you can imagine, another lie, nothing was sent.

I sent another message, requesting further details like company that was used, tracking number, anything that could help me to investigate what was going on - I was even offering my help! Of couse, no answer was given to this.

So, I escalated the dispute to a PayPal claim. No more messages were received by the member, even the informations that PayPal requested to him weren't given.

Hopefully, I got a full refund from PayPal. If it wasn't them, I would have lost 130£...

So, for future reference, my advice is to stay away with deals with this sir.
It's a shame people do this to other members, trying to rip money from other members, specially from a community of enthusiasts club, but we have to remember that we have all sort of people on here.

I'm sorry for the long text, but I just wanted to point out that, unfortunately, not everyone on here is genuine or trustworthy.

Thanks for your time,
Gedget75
Old 16th February 2016, 17:52   #2
rovermadhead
Regular poster

Rover 75

Default Paying as a gift

I use paypal a lot, i have sent payments as a gift and as a transaction so to speak & Visa versa, when recieving as a gift, i am always presented with the statement that says the payment can still be reclaimed by the sender!! is this not the case then
Old 16th February 2016, 18:16   #3
markm1741
Banned

rover 75 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovermadhead View Post
I use paypal a lot, i have sent payments as a gift and as a transaction so to speak & Visa versa, when recieving as a gift, i am always presented with the statement that says the payment can still be reclaimed by the sender!! is this not the case then
No you purchase any item via a dealer, breaker or trader as a gift and you are not covered by pay pal !!!!!! services and goods that's it if they ask you to do the other look else where
Old 16th February 2016, 18:23   #4
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default It's not the first.

This is just like ones we've seen before. It won't be left here long I'm sure, like all walks of life, there are people we rate as good or bad, some have been `traders` and some are users and chancers. In the main, this is a great place to be for membership and trading between ourselves, I had one here that failed to pay for an item but, it won't alter my views of the club. It's a great place that has great people that will go the extra mile for a member. It's sad when things go wrong.
Old 16th February 2016, 18:27   #5
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

If these were items purchased through this site did you not contact a moderator to voice your concerns ?
Old 16th February 2016, 18:27   #6
Gedget75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
This is just like ones we've seen before. It won't be left here long I'm sure, like all walks of life, there are people we rate as good or bad, some have been `traders` and some are users and chancers. In the main, this is a great place to be for membership and trading between ourselves, I had one here that failed to pay for an item but, it won't alter my views of the club. It's a great place that has great people that will go the extra mile for a member. It's sad when things go wrong.
Don't take me wrong. I wasn't saying this is a bad place. Not at all! I found here some good friends here, and I trully feel most of people here are really nice enthusiasts.

This topic was just an alert to everyone, relating this bad experience.
It's not a member that makes the club's reputation, it's everyone
Old 16th February 2016, 18:30   #7
Organiser
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

John,

I'm sorry you had this problem with this member, if you send me a pm with the parts you still require I will have a look to see what I can supply?

Regards,

Tom.
Old 16th February 2016, 18:30   #8
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Understood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gedget75 View Post
Don't take me wrong. I wasn't saying this is a bad place. Not at all! I found here some good friends here, and I trully feel most of people here are really nice enthusiasts.

This topic was just an alert to everyone, relating this bad experience.
It's not a member that makes the club's reputation, it's everyone
Not taken as wrong....I understood the posting, thanks.
Old 16th February 2016, 18:34   #9
Gedget75
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
If these were items purchased through this site did you not contact a moderator to voice your concerns ?
Well, my behaviour was clearly to be helpfully during all the process.

I will say this again: everyone, EVERYONE, has bad days. I can understand that. But we have a limit, right?

I feel that I did everything I could. Payment was made via PayPal, and you have a certain time limit to open the dispute & claim. I just followed their procedures, giving more than enough time for the situation to be solved without the need of going through them.

I guess that a moderator wouldn't do much. Not they're fault, I just believe it's something that is beyond them
Old 16th February 2016, 18:38   #10
steve1975
Banned

rover 75 saloon

HOW DARE YOU call them excuses? I sent the items on the 10th of december,then they got returned to me on the 15th (i have no idea why though) for some reason as i explained to you before,i'v sent you loads of messages regarding this matter and only received a couple back explaining that i had a family member pass just before xmas and my girlfriend was in and out of hospital with health issues herself (and still is in a bad way may i add).
i'v gone out of my way to help people regarding scrap yard visits and sending people parts (only p+p) they can't get hold of elsewhere,how come no one else has had any issues??? well this is the last time i help anyone out with parts.
Closed Thread