Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th May 2017, 18:30   #1
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts
Default Perceived professionalism...........

So the club has a number of trading members, it would be interesting to gain a perspective of how these trading members are viewed by the general membership.

Is there more credibility is bestowed upon that member than a standard member?, perhaps a view that a trading member is somehow vetted or indeed endorsed my the club itself

Just curious that's all.

Please discuss.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 18:41   #2
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
So the club has a number of trading members, it would be interesting to gain a perspective of how these trading members are viewed by the general membership.

Is there more credibility is bestowed upon that member than a standard member?, perhaps a view that a trading member is somehow vetted or indeed endorsed my the club itself

Just curious that's all.

Please discuss.

Brian
Well I think your Super smashing great
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 18:43   #3
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Well, reputations are built on experience. The traders are sellers of parts, services or both. How they are perceived by members would surely depend on an individual members experience when using one. I certainly wouldn't make a decision to use/not use a trader based on other members comments. It's all about discussion, question and answer, and of course price. You pays your money etc. I would hope, that all our traders are competent and fair, and sympathetic to the marque and it's owners.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 18:44   #4
murphyv310
This is my second home

Hyundai i10 998cc

Thanked 2,298 Times in 1,349 Posts

Hi.
Well I'm not a Rover owner now but during the time of ownership there were a couple of traders that I'd stake my life on, top people, honest and without a doubt knew the cars inside out.
To me having a detailed knowledge of the marque and its foibles is very important.
I will also say that I have first hand evidence that not all traders have the same principles and can just like Any other person do work or supply parts that are inferior.
I would rather believe or use someone that knows the cars inside out, does a good job and is generous enough to not charge when you're in dire straights.
I'm sure many will know whom I'm referring to.
Old 26th May 2017, 18:54   #5
Annie
Avid contributor

2002 CDT Auto Con SE Saloon

to be honest I'm reluctant to trade with any trader because it wouldn't go down well if I asked the general forum how good or bad is the traders work. you'd probably get 100 percent approval rate because the ones who'd been ripped off or problem not fixed properly wouldn't speak out.
Annie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 18:59   #6
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

Unless I know them/have dealt with them all having their name in blue means to me is they are paying a higher membership fee.

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 19:04   #7
Jakg
This is my second home

N/A

Quote:
Is there more credibility is bestowed upon that member than a standard member?
Most definitely, and worryingly so.

Certain members are experts in certain areas, but their knowledge elsewhere is very poor. But the blue name is blinding for other users...
Jakg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 19:15   #8
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie View Post
to be honest I'm reluctant to trade with any trader because it wouldn't go down well if I asked the general forum how good or bad is the traders work. you'd probably get 100 percent approval rate because the ones who'd been ripped off or problem not fixed properly wouldn't speak out.
Well there is an interesting viewpoint indeed.

As can be seen at the moment I am simply a subscribed member and not a trader, although I intend fully to resubscribe at trader level in the near future.

Perhaps what would make the system work is a one where feedback can be left anonymously for a trading member where only the person leaving the feedback, and the trader concerned can view who is dissatisfied with the service, and not the general membership, who would be able to see the comment from the member and any reply by the trader.

If a poor feedback is repeatedly received, the club management could then investigate as to the cause, and deal with all parties as an independent adjudicator

That way the person who is dissatisfied for whatever reason, wouldn't be on the receiving end of "well he/she did a fantastic job for me, so where is your problem?" type of comments

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 19:18   #9
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

All the following IMHO of course, traders on here shouldn't necessarily be classed / assumed to be professionals. Generally speaking professionals hold some degree of qualification in what they are offering, and cover themselves with the appropriate insurance for obvious reasons.

I think most forum traders in most cases are perhaps longer serving, and hopefully more experienced enthusiasts than the rest of us.

For me, the charging of monies is the issue, from the forum, and from the traders. When money changes hands, certain guarantees are expected.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2017, 19:55   #10
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Is there more credibility is bestowed upon that member than a standard member?
Not in my eyes.

There's a trader on here who blatantly ripped off a 79 year old relative of mine by sending her a broken item. I later found out he had sold other members broken items with varying degree of accountability.

I am in no doubt that traders here are only as good as their overall reputation, the problem is, reputations on this site are often cliquey.

To clarify, if a trader goes to nano meets, helps out local people, people like him. If that trader screws other users, any dissent vocalised is shot down.

You soon know who the good ones are. I was standing on a ferry in Cairnryan talking to someone who was driving a zt 190, within about ten minutes I'd recommended Mat Price to him for his parts and he'd reached into his car, said funny that, and showed me an invoice for his most recent purchase from said trader.

Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote