Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd May 2016, 20:37   #1
bluemalbert
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default Hi Line Sat Nav lost its voice

My HiLine sat nav unit appears to have lost its voice, its fitted to a 2004 ZT 190. The visual instruction works, and the map seems Ok too. Yesterday I noticed that when an audio navigation command wants to be given by the unit, and the radio is on, it cuts the radio for that short period of time (in which the audio should be heard) and so there is nothing audible, then the radio reinstates its sound presumably after the nav command was attempted!
The car is a new aquisition and I dont have lots of history. However, I have replaced the radio module in the boot as it had water ingress - previous to this there was no radio, or CD and the guy said the sat nav was not working either. The trip computer which shows in the same screen as the sat nav also is 'sticking' showing incorrect average speed and MPG, and the trip seems to zero itself for 2 mins on a new journey then skip to the total of the last journeys showing hundreds of miles, I have another head unit which I could try. Is the brain of all this situated in the head unit ie. behing the sat nav screen. A starting point will be great if someone can help.
bluemalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 12:37   #2
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

I'm pretty sure that the bordmonitor in the dash is just a 'dumb terminal' and all the processing is done by the computer mounted in the boot, you say that the radio module has been replaced due to water damage, is there any sign of water damage to the actual computer / CD drive mounted in the boot?
Have a look in the forum section http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...splay.php?f=91 dealing with the hi-line system as there are specific instructions for shutting down the hi-line computer prior to removing it
Steve
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 13:46   #3
Si-monogram
Banned

MG ZTT TYPHOON 180, PPD 75 CDTI 160, METRO 1.3 A+, ABARTH TURISMO 595, MG ZS V6, 75 duotone tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemalbert View Post
My HiLine sat nav unit appears to have lost its voice, its fitted to a 2004 ZT 190. The visual instruction works, and the map seems Ok too. Yesterday I noticed that when an audio navigation command wants to be given by the unit, and the radio is on, it cuts the radio for that short period of time (in which the audio should be heard) and so there is nothing audible, then the radio reinstates its sound presumably after the nav command was attempted!
The car is a new aquisition and I dont have lots of history. However, I have replaced the radio module in the boot as it had water ingress - previous to this there was no radio, or CD and the guy said the sat nav was not working either. The trip computer which shows in the same screen as the sat nav also is 'sticking' showing incorrect average speed and MPG, and the trip seems to zero itself for 2 mins on a new journey then skip to the total of the last journeys showing hundreds of miles, I have another head unit which I could try. Is the brain of all this situated in the head unit ie. behing the sat nav screen. A starting point will be great if someone can help.
I have all the highline bits in good condition if and when you decide you need them.
Si-monogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2016, 18:35   #4
bluemalbert
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si-monogram View Post
I have all the highline bits in good condition if and when you decide you need them.
hi, thanks for your post. Can you give me the part number from your sat nav unit ( the boot mounted cd drive), and does it have a "Mini TypeAerial" socket at the back of the unit. It is a narrow prtoduding circular post to which a 90degrees connector pushes on. Black wire I think! I have a complete Hi line spares - have used the radio, but the sat nav seems to be different due to the above description. i dont know enough to establish whether the parts are mark 1's or 2's and whether they are compatable - can you help in this area?
bluemalbert is offline   Reply With Quote