Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 1st December 2018, 00:11   #1
Roadrunner66
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 135

Smile Power Query

On my ZT-T it has as some members already know 135 X power remap and synergy which I don't use often .
My car is extremely speedy could it be already remapped again as it's not sluggish in the slightest or is this normal.
Ps not complaining just curious as driven 2ltr cars before which were much lighter and this seems more pokey
It came off the assembly line on Thursday 12th September 2002 @ 12:01.50 pm
MG ZT Comission No: 9014

Last edited by Roadrunner66; 1st December 2018 at 06:48..
Roadrunner66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 08:35   #2
CivilSteve
Avid contributor

MG ZT

The ZT has quite a small turbo so is quite peppy from low down. Partners fiesta is similar especially compared with the BMW , around town it's much more keen but in a straight it wouldn't stand a chance.

It is possible it's been mapped again , depending on what map it has I would be considering not using the box with it. A good map will control duration AND rail pressure to get the blend right , so adding a box which messes with the rail pressure further can risk overworking the high pressure punp. But most of the generic stuff just adds a few % to the drivers wish, torque limiter and smoke limiter , missing all the fuel limiters so adding a box should be okay.

If you are curious and would like it checked we can do this at any of the locations , no charge
CivilSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 08:42   #3
Roadrunner66
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivilSteve View Post
The ZT has quite a small turbo so is quite peppy from low down. Partners fiesta is similar especially compared with the BMW , around town it's much more keen but in a straight it wouldn't stand a chance.

It is possible it's been mapped again , depending on what map it has I would be considering not using the box with it. A good map will control duration AND rail pressure to get the blend right , so adding a box which messes with the rail pressure further can risk overworking the high pressure punp. But most of the generic stuff just adds a few % to the drivers wish, torque limiter and smoke limiter , missing all the fuel limiters so adding a box should be okay.

If you are curious and would like it checked we can do this at any of the locations , no charge
I was just curious as mention my ztt is not exactly light weight and I have had a Vauxhall Calibra same power engine seems on a par with it. It already came with the 135 X power remap sticker in door pillar and the synergy box was there too , although would be interesting to see what little or much it is running.
It came off the assembly line on Thursday 12th September 2002 @ 12:01.50 pm
MG ZT Comission No: 9014
Roadrunner66 is offline   Reply With Quote