Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th May 2020, 12:17   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemalbert View Post
Ok. but the differences are:
1. The siren box is pristine inside - as new.
2. The alarm must be disarmed as the lights are not flashing and the immobiliser is not actioned
3. the battery on the siren box BBUS has dead batteries
But it still wails when connected.
Pristine doesnt mean it doesnt have a faulty component, which given the cost of replacement, to me doesnt make it a viable repair (other than a challenge).

I am not sure the alarm activates the immobiliser, but will set the indicators flashing when activated. Your alarm system (car circuitry) is not activated however as in it has been 'tripped'. The siren is sounding because it was removed prior to being 'switched off', disarming the alarm - pressing the remote - whether that happened because it wasnt disarmed, or was faulty I couldnt say.

The built in battery is a back up system, (BBUS - battery back up sounder), so that if the battery of the car is removed to disable the alarm, it would still sound. Reconnecting it to the car battery means it now has a power source to sound. Some short with the wiring/connections to the built in battery could be the actual fault perhaps?

---------------------------------------

Replacement is the most straightforward option at this stage, unless you want to test the components (because of the relative low cost of replacement, I am not sure if anyone has experience of doing this, for reference material ). At the time of mine, I did find batteries somewhere (I no longer have links) however they would have been over £24 - £8 each pack, if I recall.

Is your remote central locking still working as it should? I ask this for my theory, I didnt realise at the time to check with my own car. The BBUS in mine as you can see was severely corroded, and it would be plausible, that this caused its fuse to 'blow' and therefore affect the remote locking.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 12:32   #12
bluemalbert
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Ok. Thanks for the info. As you say, the starting point is to replace it. Do I need to disconnect the main battery to replace it ?

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk
bluemalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 14:31   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Ok. Thanks for the info. As you say, the starting point is to replace it. Do I need to disconnect the main battery to replace it ?

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk
Personally I disconnect the battery each time i replace something electrically, but the fuse removal is enough, however, there may be more than one fuse related to it, so to be safe (and for convenuence) the earth lead of the battery always gets my vote.

Did you check the fuse for the alarm, and is your remote locking still working correctly since the battery reset?

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2020, 20:46   #14
bluemalbert
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

yes the locking is fine! Ive bought a box off ebay! Just a wait now!
Old 18th June 2020, 12:13   #15
bluemalbert
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Quote:
yes the locking is fine! Ive bought a box off ebay! Just a wait now!
Now Ive got time to post another can of worms has opened!! So, new siren box fitted and 2 replaced reverse sensors that wernt ticking. And reverse sensor system is all up and running, however, if you look at this post https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=305734
its a case of here we go with the mind of their own electrics. Any ideas welcome?