Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th January 2021, 20:12   #12311
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Today was an off with the front bumper type day. Headlights refurbed with the Holts kit which I found was pretty good and IMO better than the Meguirs kits I have used before.
Front fogs have been annoying me for ages as they were cloudy on the inside so pulled them apart and cleaned them inside and out so nice and clear now. Also removed front indicators and gave a light wet sand then polish so they aren’t rough and cloudy either now. Cleaned up any overspray from whenever the bumper was sprayed, on above items, and the front end is now much fresher looking
Maxfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2021, 17:25   #12312
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfly View Post
It was from reading a post on here by another member who put a link up to what they used. It is slightly different to the factory seal but fits fine in my eyes.
Can’t remember which thread it was originally in but here’s a link to the seal I bought.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143653983466
Thanks Gary. Do you think it makes a better job of sealing the gap between the scuttle and the glass? The factory seals are hopeless at this in my opinion.

Btw, what did you use to stick the new seal to the scuttle panel? The factory seals had double-sided tape, which (as I found out) doesn't come off without tearing the rubber.

For info: pics of original seal profile in post 29 here and post 33 onward here.

Last edited by Blink; 20th January 2021 at 17:32..
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2021, 17:42   #12313
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post
Thanks Gary. Do you think it makes a better job of sealing the gap between the scuttle and the glass? The factory seals are hopeless at this in my opinion.

Btw, what did you use to stick the new seal to the scuttle panel? The factory seals had double-sided tape, which (as I found out) doesn't come off without tearing the rubber.

For info: pics of original seal profile in post 29 here and post 33 onward here.
No problem Simon, the new seal is definitely better than what I had before but that’s likely to be due to my original scuttle was warped so I had gaps of around 4-5mm in places. Now with another scuttle and new seal it’s snug onto the windscreen along most of the way. I have just pushed the seal onto the scuttle and will monitor if it needs an adhesive, as the original stayed on with no stickiness left and like I said not even pressed against the windscreen.
The new seal is a bit ‘fatter’ looking than the factory one but still looks fine to me. This is the only picture I have that shows it, not close up at all but may help?

Old 20th January 2021, 18:25   #12314
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian-c15 View Post
Oh I love this cold weather...

Just taken rear seat out and no sticker to explain what I need to order ggrrr

Rimmers say its up to me to decide what colour I want to order but they can't advise or help in choosing without the sticker info...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Don't bother with Rimmers, here you go

LINK

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 13:41   #12315
Maxfly
Loves to post

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink View Post

Hopefully this is a bit better to show the seal Simon, certainly keeps the water out better than what I had before as you can see it’s mostly just sitting on top of it now
Old 21st January 2021, 18:29   #12316
Ched
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT V8, MGZT 135 derv ,MG TF 135

As it was a nice day I fitted the dosing pump, there must be an easier way of getting fuel from the pump to the heater than keep tapping the pump to a power supply, looks like I will have to put a syringe on one end and put the end of the pipe in a bottle of fuel...

Anyway it sprang into life once the fuse had been fitted, which has now been removed again...

If its dry tomorrow guess what I may be doing.
Ched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 19:19   #12317
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Ordered four Michelin Pilot Sport 4

Mmm, no more oddball assorted death rings

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 20:36   #12318
75 car girl
Avid contributor

75 tourer

Well she's booked for her mot on Saturday morning. Thought everything was fine. Not bee n out in her for a few days as not to well. Hubby takes her for a wash and the air bag light goes on. He's messed about under the seats no wet carpet. Can anybody think what else to check please

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk
75 car girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2021, 21:09   #12319
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ched View Post
As it was a nice day I fitted the dosing pump, there must be an easier way of getting fuel from the pump to the heater than keep tapping the pump to a power supply, looks like I will have to put a syringe on one end and put the end of the pipe in a bottle of fuel...

Anyway it sprang into life once the fuse had been fitted, which has now been removed again...

If its dry tomorrow guess what I may be doing.

T4.. prime system

👍👍
Old 21st January 2021, 21:09   #12320
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Has your husband altered the seat position? If he is taller/ shorter than you, then he probably has. Have a look at the electrical connectors under the drivers seat and either just fiddle with them first, and if no joy pull them apart then push them back in. I bet it will work.