Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st January 2021, 11:21   #11
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

My RAC cover is due next month - the renewal has just come up at £172, which is personal cover for me only, but for all cars (16!), including home start - very useful as I can't always keep all of them running at any one time. Yes, I could prune a bit off by shopping around, but it is the only expense I have ever put on an annual direct debit. Been with them since 1979.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 12:47   #12
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
I know this gets asked a lot but who at the moment is a good company for cover? We live in the middle of nowhere so I’m with the RAC. They cover me and my son rather than any of the cars and will bring the cars back home rather than to the nearest garage, they also don’t have an age restriction on the vehicles but the renewal is just short of £300 which seems expensive?
Hi Mark, I have cover with smart rescue.co.uk I called them out once when my father-in-law had a fuel pump failure in the ZT which was a 2004 model no questions asked, delivered the car up to my garage no problems I looked at some of their terms and conditions and they look like this

What vehicles am I covered in with Personal Breakdown Cover?

* If you purchased Personal Cover, you will be covered when using one of the following vehicles for travel:

Cars of any age;
Motorcycles of any age;
Vans up to 8 years old at the time this policy incepted, which do not exceed 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight.

Maybe go on their website and see what price I can deliver, I’ve always found them very competitive
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 12:52   #13
chris75
same car since 2005

2001 Rover 75 2.0 v6 Connoisseur Saloon

As many have said , get another quote then ring the RAC and tell them you don't like their renewal price . With them , if you ask , you get but if you don't then they will rip you off .
I am with the RAc and go through this every year . Currently paying £120 for two cars / any driver . One year was a bit different ; they said they couldn't match my other quote but offered me a free dashcam which they sold for £90 in their shop . I wanted one for the wife's car so that worked for me !
Old 31st January 2021, 13:59   #14
Typhoon190
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190 Monogram Typhoon

I have used the RAC and have always had 1st class service from them. Several call outs for the ZT's. Tried Green Flag and was disappointed enough to go back to the RAC. I wanted to buy a car, and tried to phone them up to add it to the cover. Too busy over a couple of hours to accommodate.
Typhoon190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 14:34   #15
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
. . . but for all cars (16!), including home start - . . . .

PLEASE tell us more. You must.
Old 31st January 2021, 14:35   #16
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I was with Autoaid, but their prices have been steadily going up and their reviews going down.

This month the policy was due for renewal. I decided to pay an extra fiver and renewed with GEM Motoring Assist, for £80.55.
It is personal cover for any car or motorcycle of any age, and for also covers for vehicles that I might be travelling in as a passenger.

The Guild of Experienced Motorists have a long history and have consistently been rated as one of the top breakdown cover organisations.

Might be worth a look?

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 19:54   #17
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Thanks everybody, I’ll have a look at the options posted

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 20:42   #18
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Chris got joint AA cover for her and me including roadside and relay for £50

I told the RAC to stick their £170 renewal, they transferred me to the complaints department where they reduced the premium to £120.

My parting comment was to make sure the "for my convenience" auto renewal was not to be made, and they managed to make a hash of that too, so I cancelled in the 14 day cooling off period.

I've not had cause to use breakdown cover in almost two decades, this changed earlier this month when a front tyre was pierced by broken spring, and the service I received from the AA was excellent.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 20:58   #19
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Same cover with AA is £180. I’ve sent a message asking if they have an age restriction on vehicles and if not I’m jumping ship. It seems as though there’s no reward for loyalty!

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2021, 21:13   #20
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMoppet View Post
PLEASE tell us more. You must.
You really don't want to know!
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote