Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th October 2021, 18:48   #1
PaulHW

Rover 75 saloon

Default Rover 75 connoisseur SE diesel 2L

Hello fellow members, I'm a new member of the club and had many Rovers and MG's over the years from Rover City's upto V6 75's and everything in between.
My current Rover 75 has a starting problem which I haven’t come across before, it started when I drove off from the house I was up to 4th gear and doing about 30mph and it’s as if something went pop without the sound and the car just cut out and stopped. I had someone look at it who thought it was an electrical fault, he passed me on to an auto electrician who couldn’t find the problem. I’ve since had someone else look at it and they are saying they think it’s a high pressure fuel pump problem.
I’ve tried to buy the part and I can’t get one
Everyone who has looked at it for me are not quite sure what’s wrong with it, I know a little bit myself but not enough to tackle this, so I’m after a good honest Rover mechanic who has experience with a 75.
Any help / advice would be very much appreciated as I want to get my car back on the road again
Yours ‘Frustrated Rover 75 owner’ in Walsall West Midlands
PaulHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2021, 21:48   #2
polinsteve
Gets stuck in

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulHW View Post
Hello fellow members, I'm a new member of the club and had many Rovers and MG's over the years from Rover City's upto V6 75's and everything in between.
My current Rover 75 has a starting problem which I haven’t come across before, it started when I drove off from the house I was up to 4th gear and doing about 30mph and it’s as if something went pop without the sound and the car just cut out and stopped. I had someone look at it who thought it was an electrical fault, he passed me on to an auto electrician who couldn’t find the problem. I’ve since had someone else look at it and they are saying they think it’s a high pressure fuel pump problem.
I’ve tried to buy the part and I can’t get one
Everyone who has looked at it for me are not quite sure what’s wrong with it, I know a little bit myself but not enough to tackle this, so I’m after a good honest Rover mechanic who has experience with a 75.
Any help / advice would be very much appreciated as I want to get my car back on the road again
Yours ‘Frustrated Rover 75 owner’ in Walsall West Midlands
About 4 years ago I had the same problem. Following advice from this forum I tried new seals on the high pressure pump solenoid, but as that didn't resolve the problem I fitted a new solenoid, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313195468...QAAOSwydNdGbTn

A 2-3" Allen bit in a mini ratchet drive enabled access without removing anything else other than loosening the dipstick tube.. The solenoid is on the back of the pump and is reasonably accessible.
polinsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2021, 22:54   #3
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Get in touch with Jamie Welch, who is a member on here. He has a T4 and will be able to tell you what is the matter.
Old 10th October 2021, 22:59   #4
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Try Jamie Welch, a member trader on here. Lives not far from Walsall