Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th October 2021, 18:00   #13041
TomTheTyke
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur, MG TF 80th Anniversary

Fixed my feeble windscreen washer jet performance with the help of this thread:
https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=233724
and replaced some rusty wheel arch liner screws as I went along.

Also fitted a new high level brake light as the plastic mounting had broken on the original and so it was hanging lopsided (never good!).

Gave the carpets their first hoover in my ownership.

Did try silicone spray on the cup holder mechanism in situ but still opens and closes with a crunch and only following a firm pull. Will have to remove it and see if I can spy a problem, have just looked and it turns out removal is apparently very straightforward.

Altogether a productive afternoon tinkering on while the weather was good.
TomTheTyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2021, 11:06   #13042
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

NL05 Handbrake shoe retaining pins has pulled through the backplates on both sides, and since backplates were in very poor condition, decided to replace both backplates.
Well….I assisted 😃.
It didn’t really go to plan. 😯
OSR caused most of the problems.
Caliper bolts unbelievably tight. 🥵
One started to round off. It came out with heat but then meant I had to go out for a few new ones.😩
One of the caliper sliding pins was also chewed up so needed to get some new ones of those as well.
Handbrake cable was siezed solid in the backplate, but it was damaged anyway, so it was butchered out. I was lucky there was one of those in the local motor factors.
Replacing the handbrake cable (from below) is not something I’d want to repeat!!
I think fitting of the ball socket of the cable into the compensator through the minute access hole is achievable only by luck or a direct link to the almighty.😳
NSR wasn’t as bad.
Anyway, back to handbrake holding on two clicks, so normal service resumed.😃

Must get some spare caliper bolts to have at hand for working on the other cars!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2021, 17:49   #13043
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Got my steering wheel controls working on my double din and feel like an electromechanical genius
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2021, 08:07   #13044
FrattonEnder
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
NL05 Handbrake shoe retaining pins has pulled through the backplates on both sides, and since backplates were in very poor condition, decided to replace both backplates.
Well….I assisted 😃.
It didn’t really go to plan. 😯
OSR caused most of the problems.
Caliper bolts unbelievably tight. 🥵
One started to round off. It came out with heat but then meant I had to go out for a few new ones.😩
One of the caliper sliding pins was also chewed up so needed to get some new ones of those as well.
Handbrake cable was siezed solid in the backplate, but it was damaged anyway, so it was butchered out. I was lucky there was one of those in the local motor factors.
Replacing the handbrake cable (from below) is not something I’d want to repeat!!
I think fitting of the ball socket of the cable into the compensator through the minute access hole is achievable only by luck or a direct link to the almighty.😳
NSR wasn’t as bad.
Anyway, back to handbrake holding on two clicks, so normal service resumed.😃

Must get some spare caliper bolts to have at hand for working on the other cars!!

Which is the exact reason I got my local garage to sort mine! That and I didn't have any time between the handbrake packing up and the MOT... wallet considerably lighter but that bit sailed through the test.
Old 19th October 2021, 22:07   #13045
ryszard
Gets stuck in

Moonstone diesel,X351 Jaguar and now MG ZT 260

Hi,finally a few days ago finished replacing the refurbished rear subframe ass back onto the Moonstone while the weather was kind,thought I'd finished,all blocks of wood and axle stands removed,two jacks taken out,all tools cleared off the driveway,rust swept up,really pleased with myself although with aches and pains looking forward to a bath an some ciders,then just as it was getting dark walked through my garden and spotted a part I had left off,the whole flipping s/s exhaust from the cat back!
Next day back out again with all the blocks and jacks.At least I spotted a rubber exhaust hanger halfway perished which I replaced and took as a bonus.Regards Ryszard....
ryszard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2021, 22:10   #13046
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryszard View Post
Hi,finally a few days ago finished replacing the refurbished rear subframe ass back onto the Moonstone while the weather was kind,thought I'd finished,all blocks of wood and axle stands removed,two jacks taken out,all tools cleared off the driveway,rust swept up,really pleased with myself although with aches and pains looking forward to a bath an some ciders,then just as it was getting dark walked through my garden and spotted a part I had left off,the whole flipping s/s exhaust from the cat back!
Next day back out again with all the blocks and jacks.At least I spotted a rubber exhaust hanger halfway perished which I replaced and took as a bonus.Regards Ryszard....
I normally notice that the undertray is still off when i have dropped the car down off the axle stands...
Old 23rd October 2021, 16:57   #13047
Andy24601
Regular poster

Rover saloon

Default alternator replaced

I bought a new alternator for my 2.5 V6. After a bit of shopping around, I discovered AK Motorsport were offering free postage and no surcharge (you don't have to send your old one back). Cost was £142 inc VAT and it is a Rover/Denso. I ordered it on Thursday and it turned up Saturday morning looking all shiny and new - happy days!
Andy24601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2021, 19:54   #13048
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts
Default Corteco Pulley/ AC Compressor Change

I changed out the crankshaft pulley, both belts, and the A/C compressor, pulley due to a spurious one did not feel right after fitting it last Friday 15/10/21

The auxiliary belt seemed to be whipping so was not sure it was the pulley or the belt, A/C belt because it had started to crack, and the compressor because it was leaking.

Washer was thick on the old crank pulley, maybe because the bolt was one of the longer type.

Corteco pulley and bolt/washer the shorter type.

Compressor removed from out the bottom very fiddly while lying on your back, and time consuming

Also had to remove the A/C top hose due to possible leak.

Compressor and pulley & belts back on later

Losing light and still had the slam panel & bumper to re-fit finished that about 16.20pm so not a bad day really, wheel arch liner plus under tray to fit tomorrow then drop car off the ramps go for a drive.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2021, 21:25   #13049
75driver
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 saloon, manual. Rover 75 Tourer, Auto.

Got the FBH working on NL05.
Had fitted it about 3 yr ago, but never really used it as:
- I only used the car in summertime
- COVID….didn’t need the car at all
- when the FBH was plugged in, the indicator lamps on the dash didn’t flash, when the indicator lever was operated.

So, today I snipped the k-bus feed to plug 2, and have temporarily covered the ends with insulating tape.
Then fitted the FBH fuel pump, and primed the line.
All up and running now.
Plan to fit a remote control to it in the coming weeks.

Id like to fit a led to show “system on”, and was thinking of putting it in the overhead light casing. Can anyone advise best route of wiring from engine bay to that area?

2006 75 Contemporary SE diesel manual (#1)

2003 75T Connoisseur SE diesel auto (For Comfort)
2005 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (Marmite duotone )
2006 75 Connoisseur SE diesel auto (The last one?)

2009 E220 (For a change)
2018 L200 (For Big & Heavy Things)
1976 W114 250 Manual (For Sundays)
75driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2021, 22:35   #13050
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
Got the FBH working on NL05.
Had fitted it about 3 yr ago, but never really used it as:
- I only used the car in summertime
- COVID….didn’t need the car at all
- when the FBH was plugged in, the indicator lamps on the dash didn’t flash, when the indicator lever was operated.

So, today I snipped the k-bus feed to plug 2, and have temporarily covered the ends with insulating tape.
Then fitted the FBH fuel pump, and primed the line.
All up and running now.
Plan to fit a remote control to it in the coming weeks.

Id like to fit a led to show “system on”, and was thinking of putting it in the overhead light casing. Can anyone advise best route o

f wiring from engine bay to that area?

Wire through the bulkhead (Remove the sound deadening near the battery and you will see a grommet in the bulkhead) route through the grommet on the drivers side near the bonnet pull cable, then up through the A pillar tris and across the roof lining to an LED in the interior light or the mirror surround