Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th July 2019, 13:56   #1
bluemalbert
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Default ZT190 Exhaust

Im searching for a back box (Klarius) from different sources - its a minefield Can anyone catergorically, who has done the job tell me the Klarius part number for the back box. The car is a ZT 190 2.5 saloon and importantly the pipe between the 2nd and back is 60mm external. That would indicate a box flange to be 60.5 internal. This exists, but not with the correct car model listing ie: HP or saloon or Estate (ZTT)!! I seem to remember someone one stating that the box to use is the same as a 1.8 turbo. Sure enough the bore size listed for that is correct as I see it. any info will be thankfully received.
bluemalbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2019, 10:34   #2
Tracker
Loves to post

MG ZT

I've just had a new back box fitted to my ZT 180 Auto which has the same original fitment exhaust system as the 190. And you're correct, the ZT 1.8T shares the same 60mm bore system.
Be very careful with Klarius. They're generally recommended as the best of the available aftermarkets since the demise of the OE Bosal, but I bought a Klarius part number R331H for mine and it wouldn't fit! I believe it is the correct Klarius listed part for a ZT saloon, but my garage found the connecting pipe from box to centre section to be welded wrongly and they couldn't make it line up and fit to the centre section. I know there was no problem with the centre section as I was also fitting at the same time an NOS original MG centre section I managed to find last year languishing in an MG dealer's parts dept. The back box came from Euro Car Parts so I will shortly be returning it to them. No idea if I was just unlucky with a badly made one, or if they're all like that. My garage managed to source another back box from somewhere else that looks just like the Klarius but is (I think) a different make - it fitted OK but the tail pipes are a tad short for my liking and don't quite protrude beyond the bumper as they should, but it fits and works OK so not too worried.
Tracker is offline   Reply With Quote