Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th February 2021, 21:05   #1
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts
Default In memory of Tam. (Rotrex)

Tomorrow marks 8 years since we lost Tam, to those new members,Tam who's user name was Rotrex, was a trader in the club and used to sell spares and do repairs for members,he was one of the good guys from the club,a thoroughly decent bloke and well respected by all who knew him.
Each year he is remembered by a select few of us English and Scottish members by having a meet at Carter Bar the English/Scottish border .Also at the Anglo/Scottish meet at Gretna Green, there is a trophy awarded in Tam's memory for best car in show.
I will raise a glass in your honour tomorrow Tam, RIP old friend

Last edited by RPWC; 13th February 2021 at 21:09..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2021, 23:03   #2
Bluejon
Cumbria & N/Lancs Regional Secretary

2003 Rover 75 Saloon [Royal Blue] + 1999 Rover 75 Saloon [Duo-Tone Bacchus/Zircon Silver]

Thanked 1,656 Times in 769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Tomorrow marks 8 years since we lost Tam, to those new members,Tam who's user name was Rotrex, was a trader in the club and used to sell spares and do repairs for members,he was one of the good guys from the club,a thoroughly decent bloke and well respected by all who knew him.
Each year he is remembered by a select few of us English and Scottish members by having a meet at Carter Bar the English/Scottish border .Also at the Anglo/Scottish meet at Gretna Green, there is a trophy awarded in Tam's memory for best car in show.
I will raise a glass in your honour tomorrow Tam, RIP old friend
Many thanks Rich for your sincere kind words in respect of Tam,as you have said was indeed one of the Clubs good Guy's a real gent one that I had the privilege of meeting & all too briefly knowing,not very tall in stature,but a giant of a Man within the Club with a wry sense of humour & a wealth of knowledge with our cars not forgetting his own motoring prowess in the motor racing World,all now sadly lost to us all.

I have the Tam Leek Trophy for safe keeping after I relinquished a brief spell with helping to organise with Jan & I's great Friend & well respected Club Member [Freebyrd] Brian Alexander whom we also lost in 2018 not very long after we held the Anglo/Scottish Meet of that year.

As we held the Club National Meet at Gretna in 2019 it was suggested we not hold the Tam Leek Memorial alongside,so was asked to hold on to the trophy until the following year,I think we all to our great dismay know the answer to all that,so the trophy is safe & sound until we can look forward to all meeting up again hopefully very soon.

Tomorrow,I will get the trophy out Jan & I will raise a glass to our Mate Tam [RIP] Old Friend.

John & Jan [Bluejon & Silvervixen]
Old 13th February 2021, 23:05   #3
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

A good track racer from what I recall too Richard ... well done for remember him.

Edit: Bluejon just beat me to his racing ability.

Last edited by WillyHeckaslike; 13th February 2021 at 23:07.. Reason: Thanks to Bluejon.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2021, 00:10   #4
Graham1961
Moderator / RS East Scotland

Rover 75 1.8 Conn Se saloon

I got to know Sir Tam of Shotts as we used to call him very well as he attended the meets at the Hawes Inn we had ( and hopefully start again sometime) and he was a thoroughly decent man, great sense of humour and very obliging.

Taken far too soon.
Old 14th February 2021, 08:29   #5
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Where has the time gone?

Race in peace Tam.
Old 14th February 2021, 16:15   #6
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluejon View Post
Many thanks Rich for your sincere kind words in respect of Tam,as you have said was indeed one of the Clubs good Guy's a real gent one that I had the privilege of meeting & all too briefly knowing,not very tall in stature,but a giant of a Man within the Club with a wry sense of humour & a wealth of knowledge with our cars not forgetting his own motoring prowess in the motor racing World,all now sadly lost to us all.

I have the Tam Leek Trophy for safe keeping after I relinquished a brief spell with helping to organise with Jan & I's great Friend & well respected Club Member [Freebyrd] Brian Alexander whom we also lost in 2018 not very long after we held the Anglo/Scottish Meet of that year.

As we held the Club National Meet at Gretna in 2019 it was suggested we not hold the Tam Leek Memorial alongside,so was asked to hold on to the trophy until the following year,I think we all to our great dismay know the answer to all that,so the trophy is safe & sound until we can look forward to all meeting up again hopefully very soon.

Tomorrow,I will get the trophy out Jan & I will raise a glass to our Mate Tam [RIP] Old Friend.

John & Jan [Bluejon & Silvervixen]
Like you John I only knew Tam for a short time,but once met never forgotten.57 was no age.
Old 14th February 2021, 16:36   #7
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I never had the pleasure of meeting Tam. But I know that there is a lot of respect for the man. I have attended the Carter Bar meet and hope to return one day.

RIP Tam.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2021, 17:00   #8
cossie dunc
I really should get out more.......

rover 75 contemporary se cdti + rover 75 connie cdti work horse

Tam was one of my best friends, I learned so much from him, when I lost my dad, tam was the guy who got me through the hard times, he was always by my side. I lost my mum in October last year and I remember thinking, I wish tam was here.

Funny how life moves on, his kids are both grown adults now they were 11 and 17 when he died, his partner is now planning her wedding, he would be very proud and happy for them all, he wasn’t a guy for sentiment.

What a driver the guy was he genuinely could have done it professionally, then there were the motorbikes, that was his real passion 200mph on 2 wheels, sometimes 1:

He was just one of those people that you could listen too all day,he drew people in with his stories, genuinely a great guy and a great friend. I miss you everyday mate

Thanks for the post Rich

Scotland's rover 75/mg zt service,repair & enthusiast centre

Used parts.....servicing.......mechanical repairs.......modifications

Call Duncan 07415 251 705
cossie dunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2021, 21:17   #9
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Where has the time gone?

Race in peace Tam.
Yeah, it was a sad day alright, I can remember the stop off we made on the way home from the funeral like it was yesterday.

More to the point it was a proper bikers funeral, with the cortege being given free passage along it's entire route

Rest in peace old friend, the glass is being raised once more in your memory.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote