Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th May 2021, 15:54   #1
Bean66
Regular poster

MG Ztt

Default Doh, stupid me, Help!!!

Hi All

I am officially a donkey.

Took a bonnet gas strut off at one end. Popped the strut back over the ball pivot bit and was putting the spring clips in place when......Ping it spung into life and has now gone gone gone.

So i've looked and looked and its gone or is somewhere deep in the bowls of the engine bay maybe trapped by the undertray or just stuck and could be very difficult to find. I'd rather not try to remove the bumper and the undertray or buy a new pair of struts (or even 1 really) for a silly little spring clip so i was wondering if anyone had a U/S strut with a clip that could be removed or just had a spare clip kicking round they could stick in the post for me.

Cheers Bean.
Bean66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2021, 17:55   #2
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

If nobody has a spare then it's the Breakers for you. Must be thousands in every breakers.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2021, 18:57   #3
Bean66
Regular poster

MG Ztt

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
If nobody has a spare then it's the Breakers for you. Must be thousands in every breakers.---

Hi yep thought about a breakers but they arn't what they were, if its not a big part they can charge alot for they don't seem interested these days.

But yep thats the next step if no-one got one kicking around,

Cheers Bean
Bean66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2021, 19:01   #4
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Sadly there aren't many breakers these days, certainly not around West London.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2021, 19:59   #5
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Called into one of my local breakers last week and was surprised by how few cars he had. When I asked was he having a big clear out he said he was closing down and called it a sign of the times ! I managed to find another yard but even he said he was struggling and was working reduced hours.
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2021, 21:32   #6
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean66 View Post
Hi All

I am officially a donkey.

Took a bonnet gas strut off at one end. Popped the strut back over the ball pivot bit and was putting the spring clips in place when......Ping it spung into life and has now gone gone gone.

So i've looked and looked and its gone or is somewhere deep in the bowls of the engine bay maybe trapped by the undertray or just stuck and could be very difficult to find. I'd rather not try to remove the bumper and the undertray or buy a new pair of struts (or even 1 really) for a silly little spring clip so i was wondering if anyone had a U/S strut with a clip that could be removed or just had a spare clip kicking round they could stick in the post for me.

Cheers Bean.

I've got my old 02 plate tourer I've been using as a donor car and it won't be long before it goes to the scrap yard.

PM me your address and I'll put a couple in the post, yes two just in case you ping another.