Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th August 2021, 23:44   #1
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Default A little thanks to the forum, many unidentified posters and DMGRS.

I've had quite a few 75 CDTI's over the years all tourers and in the main, even though my younger son who has his own garage (you're getting to old now, I'll do it for you dad ) I have, still do, enjoyed sorting all the ensuing Rover ownership problems out my self.

Even though, sometimes, I have to ponder how I will get up, or from under one of the beasts, or untangle myself from under the dash because one or more of my joints need new bearings or a squirt of grease, I digress.

In all the years, though I have been a lurker till recently, my ports of call for info, suggestions,advice have been Raid and here, up to now I haven't needed to ask for help, due to reading through the tech help forum I have found all I needed, but know if I ever did it would be there in an instant.

So why my post?

I stumbled across a thread on thermostats and low reading temp gauges and realised that the needle should be around the 9 o'clock region, not as most of mine had been, including the present one, at around 7 to 8 o'clock, but a combination of knowing that diesel engine efficiency means that they run cool, having FBH's and no problems, I thought this was the norm, like any car you use, if the temp gauge is always at 'A' , then this must be correct.

So to sort it out I used the DMGRS kit, ( I've used them before for other bits and bobs ) and everything has always been spot on, in this case rapid delivery, everything needed to do the job and a nice little note as to how to fit the kit,...... I do however have one serious complaint, there are not enough Haribos in the box.........only kidding .

20 mins to fit the kit, my Dremel negated the need to remove the inlet manifold to make cutting the pipe clip easier, minimal coolant loss, no topping up needed, a bit of silicone grease to get the stat in the pipe and a piece of sink waste pipe to push it far enough down the pipe without damage.

On the test drive it quickly went up to 88 deg, ( 9 o'clock ), stayed there for the journey and the heater was hotter than it had ever been before.

So thanks once again to all.

P.s. One of my granddaughters who was hindering......err assisting me, asked how they got the clip tight on the pipe, it is continuous, just like a wedding ring, I presumed it was swaged in some way, but not immediately obvious, so I sent her to do a brew, whilst, unknowing to her, I craftily Googled it, on her return with strong tea and Hob Knobs, I confidently informed her that it was an Oetker Multicrimp Ring, keeping up her belief that " My dad knows lots of things, but my grandad knows everything".............