Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th July 2015, 10:28   #211
Teddy
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon 2.5 auto

Hi Sean, after a change of battery in the garage they started the engine a several times very quick. Thanks to them :-(. Now I get the message as well: "process com.android.launcher" has stopped unexpectedly. Did disconnect the battery for at least one hour. No different. Then tried a reset trought the front of the unit with a pen. No different. I have a navall1 unit, not upgradet. I cannot come inside of the menu's because of the message. What ia the best I can do now? Problem is I am on holiday now and for 2 weeks not at home so cannot take emails before that.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 10:56   #212
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
Hi Sean, after a change of battery in the garage they started the engine a several times very quick. Thanks to them :-(. Now I get the message as well: "process com.android.launcher" has stopped unexpectedly. Did disconnect the battery for at least one hour. No different. Then tried a reset trought the front of the unit with a pen. No different. I have a navall1 unit, not upgradet. I cannot come inside of the menu's because of the message. What ia the best I can do now? Problem is I am on holiday now and for 2 weeks not at home so cannot take emails before that.
2 things may fix it. First try clearing all the data and caches from in the application manager. It sometimes works. If not then do a factory reset from within the settings menu.

I found that you can usually clear the message for long enough to get in to settings. If not then you do need sean.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2015, 15:08   #213
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

What David says.

It can be caused if the mechanic started the car, but took out the key before the unit was done starting up.

I always turn the unit completely off when somebody else touches it. In that case it doesn't turn on when you start the car, and you don't have to worry about letting it finish starting up.
Old 12th July 2015, 15:30   #214
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

This v4 version should never have been charged for.

How do I stop my igo from starting up every time I get in my car ?????

It's doing my head in

Pete.
pletevl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2015, 21:19   #215
Ps3000
Gets stuck in

None at moment

Pete - mine does that for a while after I use it (I don't use the nav much) - it almost seems as if there's a set number of times it does it before it stops "bugging" you. I never found a way to stop it, but if you keep turning it off, it does get fed up and leave you alone eventually.

On the upside, the radio actually changing wavebands when you press the band icon was a big plus, as well as the autostore.

I'd love to be able to program these things (I can program other stuff - a bit) - if we had the source it wouldn't be too hard to iron out the few bugs - we could even pay someone, frustrating that we are at the mercy of some Chinese factory we can't even talk to.

I am glad the Chinese aren't supplying avionics yet.....

Last edited by Ps3000; 12th July 2015 at 21:24..
Ps3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2015, 20:33   #216
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 cdti(rhd), MG ZR(lhd), MG TF(lhd), MG TF(rhd), mini mpi (lhd), Renault megane III (awful)

Mines still doing it after about 30 restarts.
I have to unclick the sd card to stop it.
Old 22nd July 2015, 22:41   #217
Ps3000
Gets stuck in

None at moment

Now the nights are drawing in a little I have noticed that the latest update doesn't seem to take account of the car's lights being on to dim the display. Setting low brighness for nightime and higher for day made no difference - rebooting, various combinations of lights on/off, changing the panel lights dimmer settings, all made no difference - unless there's another setting I'm missing somewhere?

This worked before the Android update.
Old 22nd July 2015, 23:01   #218
pletevl
Posted a thing or two

Lots of things worked before this stupid update
Old 23rd July 2015, 02:52   #219
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ps3000 View Post
Now the nights are drawing in a little I have noticed that the latest update doesn't seem to take account of the car's lights being on to dim the display. Setting low brighness for nightime and higher for day made no difference - rebooting, various combinations of lights on/off, changing the panel lights dimmer settings, all made no difference - unless there's another setting I'm missing somewhere?

This worked before the Android update.

There is a setting called "lights inspection" hidden in the "device" tab.

That should be ticked.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2015, 18:29   #220
Ps3000
Gets stuck in

None at moment

Thanks David, that sorted it.