Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th June 2011, 21:19   #261
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
It's hooked up and tested with multimeter.
I was supposed to have checked mine too and it did seem to be getting the volts, but I later found my meter was picking up some spurious voltage - there was no actual feed there, the feed is lost when the Hi-Line is taken out.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 16:39   #262
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Your not hooking up the TMC Amp output to the Aerial IN are you ?

As in you are hooking it up to the Black TMC In on the DD ?

Not too sure what to suggest, you could double check all cables and also ensure that you do have a good connection of the wires from the rear screen into the OEM amp...

Failing that, am at a loss !

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 18:41   #263
Prometheus
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I was supposed to have checked mine too and it did seem to be getting the volts, but I later found my meter was picking up some spurious voltage - there was no actual feed there, the feed is lost when the Hi-Line is taken out.
if i unplug the power from the amp the radio station goes to static. Replug the power and it's back. Set miltimeter to measure volts to 20 dc. read measure prod on plug the black one on car body. 11.8 volts thoughput.

MG ZT 190 2003
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 18:44   #264
Prometheus
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKUK View Post
Your not hooking up the TMC Amp output to the Aerial IN are you ?

As in you are hooking it up to the Black TMC In on the DD ?

Not too sure what to suggest, you could double check all cables and also ensure that you do have a good connection of the wires from the rear screen into the OEM amp...

Failing that, am at a loss !
The pickup for TMC antenna cable in the plug for the screen areal to OEM AMP. Cable lead from back of car to front of car behind radio. TMC amp hooked up to cable. Output TMC amp into Black Break out areal plug on DD unit. Power hooked on switched live volts flowing tested with Multimeter.

MG ZT 190 2003
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2011, 15:52   #265
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
if i unplug the power from the amp the radio station goes to static. Replug the power and it's back. Set miltimeter to measure volts to 20 dc. read measure prod on plug the black one on car body. 11.8 volts thoughput.
That was about what I originally saw. Unless your car's battery is on the way out, it should measure very close to the battery voltage - around 12.25 to 12.75v.

If the unit your removed was a Hi-line system, you may need to fit a link behind the DD to get full power to the amp.

I had several problems causing poor reception....

1. I wasn't getting full voltage through to the amp at the rear. Solved by linking the feeds broken as the Hi-line was replaced with the DD.

2. The ISO to DIN antenna adaptor supplied with the DD was faulty/ intermitant. ISO plug cut of the coax and fitted with DIN plug instead.

3. Trying to split the one antenna to feed both radio and TMC. Solved by fitting separate TMC feed via Mark's new amp and a separate antenna.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote