Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th July 2014, 07:27   #1231
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjonnie View Post
Hi David,

Re-installed the 2.3 FW three weeks back (link) and it seemed to be OK for a few days. Then the Framework error returned. There was no cache to clear and I cleared the data for the Google Framework app. Unfortunately not with the desired result. Factory reset I will try in a moment.

Just curious: what will remain after factory reset?
After a reset all the original condition for the firmware should be back so if you've put 2.3 in then it goes back to a clean version of 2.3 free from any changes you made. It deletes any apps you downloaded but you can get them back from play store from your account.

I have always thought that it clears all caches as well but don't really know.

The last time I did a reset it was fine until I put my apps back on. I suspect bbc weather app caused something to happen as it was trying to update itself while it had no connection. I got rid of it, cleared the caches and since then it's back to normal.

All I'm saying is that sometimes you may need to do reset plus caches. I don't know if the later firmware is any more stable, but it was not being advertised as a solution so can't say, and until an update comes with a better recommendation I'm staying with the one I've got.
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote